First mobile client!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anna F

Reaction score
Hi all!

I passed my Creative foundation course in December last year - and I've got my first client tonight!!! I'm not sure whether to feel excited or nervous! I've looked at loads of threads about mobile technicians, and that has helped me out a lot.. Thank you all :biggrin:

Anyway - if anyone's got any helpful hints or tips, I would be eternally grateful...

Anna

Hi Anna, how exciting, its great when you get that feeling and although i havent got a bulging clientele i still get really nervous when a client calls. Think positive and go with confidence and before you know it you will be getting on fine. If your anything like me a bit of a chatterbox then your being get on fine within a few minutes but i must remember to talk and work! x x x

Good Luck - my advice....

Check
Double Check
Triple Check you've got eveything in your kit :green:

Expect the unexpected, so take everything you are likely to need (I visited a client who when I phoned an hour before her appointment had all 10 on but by the time I arrived she was down to 8 - and I didn't pack my tips as I'd specifically asked if they were all on! :smack: )

Also on a different appointment I didn't take my varnish remover as she had pink and whites, when I got there she was wearing bright red polish and had no remover!

I'll not do either again!!

You'll be fine

Oh yeah, and get everything ready that you need to take with you as i always forget something if youve got a carry case that has all your stuff in then you wont forget but as i still have a mobile client i always leave something behind at my shop x

Trinity Nails said:
Good Luck - my advice....

Check
Double Check
Triple Check you've got eveything in your kit :green:

Expect the unexpected, so take everything you are likely to need (I visited a client who when I phoned an hour before her appointment had all 10 on but by the time I arrived she was down to 8 - and I didn't pack my tips as I'd specifically asked if they were all on! :smack: )

Also on a different appointment I didn't take my varnish remover as she had pink and whites, when I got there she was wearing bright red polish and had no remover!

I'll not do either again!!

You'll be fine
Great minds think alike! sorry must have been typing at the same time x

Best of luck Anna, be calm and confident and I'm sure you'll be fantastic. If youre nervous your client will pick up on it so relax and enjoy yourself!

Good luck Anna...don't for get your monomer... i did that!!

make sure when your checking it all you put it back in your box..!

Youl do great :)

Anna

Give her a tinkle before you leave too ! I'd hate you to drive all the way there to find she's forgotten !

Best wishes and enjoy

kx

Anna F said:
Hi all!

I passed my Creative foundation course in December last year - and I've got my first client tonight!!! I'm not sure whether to feel excited or nervous! I've looked at loads of threads about mobile technicians, and that has helped me out a lot.. Thank you all :biggrin:

Anyway - if anyone's got any helpful hints or tips, I would be eternally grateful...

Anna

hi anna,

congrats on your first mobile client :)

another lil tip - an ironing board makes a great table :)

good luck

Thanks for all your responses & good luck messages!!

I like the idea of the ironing board! I might just try that out tonight!
Will let you all know tomorrow how I got on!!!
Off now to recheck my bags & make sure everything I need is there :lol:

Thanks again.

Anna

just wanted to say good luck anna!

i think eveyone has covered all the tips i could think of...!

hope everything goes well, let us know how you get on hun!

x

Hi Anna, good luck! the one thing i ALWAYS use is an extension lead to plug my light and gel lamp in, can almost guarantee there wont be a spare socket within easy reach! lol My moto is also take it ALL wether you think you'll use it or not!

Congratulations on your first booking and good luck for tonight. :)

good luck anna,
dont forget to let us now how you got on :D

Hi everyone.
Well, it didn't go too badly! However, it did take 3 1/2 hours!! So, definitely need to get my times down, but she was really pleased with the nails, and has booked in for a rebalance in two weeks time :)

Took all of your advice on board, and it really did come in handy! So thanks again for all the great advice!!

Speak to you all soon

Anna

Hey thats fantastic news Anna well done

Dont worry about your times - concentrate on the quality of your work and your timings will reduce without you noticing !

kx

Well Done Anna on securing your first client :cool: Thats one down and many more to come. :wink2:

Well done Anna, I am glad it all went to plan for you.

I have my first 'paying' client on Saturday so I know how you were feeling yesterday. I did my daughter a set of 'ruby slippers' last night and they took me 4 hours... so I also have to work on the time scale. As long as the client is happy then its a start :)

Best of luck with your next clients (hopefully you will now be on a roll).

well done anna
its a buzz isn,t it...

It certainly is!

Can't wait to get some more clients!!!

Latest posts

Back