First nail art party

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cath.p.

Reaction score
I got my first nail art party soon,never done 1 before but got asked, so........ please can you give me your thoughts this, its a 13th birthday.....

File and shape nails
polish nails
apply nail art (choice of designs)
apply rhinestones and glitter
gift bag for birthday girl containing - polish, nail file, few other things!
minimum of 5 children, maximum of 15 @ £5 per head.

£8 per head if each child wants gift bag . What do you think??

Cath.p. said:
I got my first nail art party soon,never done 1 before but got asked, so........ please can you give me your thoughts this, its a 13th birthday.....

File and shape nails
polish nails
apply nail art (choice of designs)
apply rhinestones and glitter
gift bag for birthday girl containing - polish, nail file, few other things!
minimum of 5 children, maximum of 15 @ £5 per head.

£8 per head if each child wants gift bag . What do you think??

Personally I think you are under charging, I would say at least £10 per head and your maximum of 15 children is a lot if you are doing the party on your own. I did one not so long ago with 14 children (even tho my max is 12) and it went on for almost 5 and half hours .. too long for my liking. You could perhaps have some temp body tattoos, girls love these. Either water released ones or airbrushed, these went down really well with my party girls.

Good luck, I am sure you will have a great time :)

Thanks for your advice.Do you think then maybe I should charge £8 and limit it to between 10 and 12 children?

i charge £12 including a party bag, but I am in Surrey though I think £5 is too cheap & you could get away with charging more,.xx

Cath.p. said:
Thanks for your advice.Do you think then maybe I should charge £8 and limit it to between 10 and 12 children?

I charged £10 per head but all the girls had a party bag with bits and bobs in. They must have thought it good value for money as the girls mother gave me a £10 tip and the birthday girl sent me some birthday cake and a thank you card saying what a brilliant birthday she had had :)

My party bags and contents added up to approximately £3 each so it was £7 for the nail art and airbrush tattoo I did.

Cath.p. said:

I charge £8 per child for everything you've listed, I reckon that the party bags cost me approx £3 per bag and the products I use about £1 per child so that's a profit of £4 per child. If you've already got the party booked then you might get away with £10 but I've found that when I've suggested £10 to people they've looked a bit shocked at the price!!

I agree with Jen that 15 is way too many, I say 10 as my max and that takes at least 3 hours. Also if you have too many then the ones that you do last will have waited for ages and probably got a bit fed up!!!

Yep, I agree. I have to set aside 15 min each kid. They do faff about more than adults so a party of 10 would take me 3 hours (remember you will need to take a break youself) and dont forget most of the mums will want to join in. If its a large party, take a mate along to do the basic shaping and polishing for you to then decorate. Also, try and get the girls to choose their colours and designs before its their turn. Saves ttime.

I charge £11 per child min of 5 Children, any more than 10 kids i put the price up to £15 (as i get someone else to help me) Each have a party bag, helium baloons, table sprinkles. Then i give them all an upside down ice cube tray and 10 tips with blue tack, they all put their base coat on the tips, i then show them how to create a couple of designs using the brushes and the 2 way nair art pens, then let them loose.

i then take them away 1 by 1 and do a simple nail art design on them, saving the brithday girl till last, and give her a special nail art with gems on.

Hope that helps.

but i do agree with everyone else, you do need to charge a little more

Hey guys, thanks soooo much for the advice. I gave client the price @ £10 per head and she was really chuffed, booked straight away. Not sure how many for yet, proberbly 10, its on the 23rd dec cos its the only date im free..... can't believe she booked it around me! Anyway hoping there will be more work to come from it, wait and see, will let you all know what happens. x

A nice result and you may even enjoy it! lol

A group of little girls is so funny like little old ladies and getting their nails done as well they will be buzzing. Good for you.

Take care xx

Hi everyone, I have now sobered up enough to fill you in on how my party went.... it was fab! There were 11 girls aged 13, I turned up with 12 designs and a choice of about 20 colours. They all waited patiently to be done, nobody came crying that they smudged them!!! All in all it was a success, it took just over 3hours to do them all but that was one after another like a conveyor belt. They loved their party bags and I charged £10 per head. Got a ladies 'Martini & Manicure' party tomorow evening for some mums!!! Will let you know how I get on. x

Hi Cath, well done you, glad it went well - it's never as bad as you think its going to be!! Good luck with the mums party as well!

helloooooooooooooo cath told you that you could do it see you at work on the wednesday good luck with the other party happy new year to dave and sarah love julie :D

Latest posts

Back