First time with Flawless Pink!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vetty

Lost and happy geek!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just thought I'd let you all know I did my first set of p&w with Flawless Pink - and they looked great!! The were on my sister-in-law who has quite short nail beds and she has never had ehancements before. I tipped them using Velocity natural, then put the white just below her natural smile line and used Flawless Pink to make her nails look longer.... She was really pleased (and so was I!!).

I just wish I could do my own nails so they looked that nice - but I don't have the time or the ability to do my own right hand.....!!

By the way, I hope this doesn't sound like boasting - I was just really pleased with trying something new and getting a good result... Soon I'll be brave enough to post a picture of a set I've done for some feedback...!

Hope everyone is ok, and Christmas preparations are going well....

Yvette
xx

Well Done!!!

I still find mix ratio a bit hit and miss with it and keep getting it blotchy looking on some nails. I still prefer using the prefect colour. I'm sure if I practise I will get better.

Did you find it looked perfect? Did you think you have to work a bit drier with it?

Or am I just being a complete numpty?

I found the mix ratio ok to be honest - I took the advice from this site and 'overlapped' it, so I was putting the bead for zone 3 on the tapered part of zone 2 (so product was going on top of product if you see what I mean!). To begin with it looked really unnatural to me being used to the perfect pink, but as I finished them off and made them shine they looked much better than I was expecting!

I still prefer working with the perfect colour, but at least I now have another trick up my sleeve.... It's not you being a numpty - from what I have read here it is down to application technique as much as anything....

Yxx

something one of the CND tutors advised me - try mixing flawless pink with perfect pink 50/50, no blotchy patches.

Love J xx

I use flawless in a 'nail biter' mix.

Same as above with a little bit of Glimmer powder mixed in.

Just a thought, might look really nice mixed with the new intense pink instead of the perfect pink.............. hmmmm?!

wot new intense pink ?

Dumb question...but when you use flawless pink (which I haven't as yet), do you blend it over the white smile line or do you stop at the smile line? I know the flawless powder is more opaque than perfect pink, so just wondered?

When I was briefly shown it at training. You still smooth it over smile line, but you should be carefull not to drag too much over as it will make the white pinky aswell.

Do you ever feel like just going aaaaahhh?! I'm just getting to grips with this and then you get a new challenge.

Its good fun isn't it?

That sound like a great tip mixing the pinks.

Thank you

Mixing pinks makes it much easier to use, and I believe looks more natural..
(and they all like having a bit of the glimmer through it!)

angel fingers - intense pink is creatives latest addition to the perfect powder ran,
very similar to perfect pink, still transparent, but much brighter pink! looks great on really pale nail beds

Latest posts

Back