Flash Player on Mac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch4rli3

Reaction score
I am having more problems with my Mac Laptop!!!

For some reason my flash player isn't working, So I have tried repeatedly to download the newest version and it says it is successfully installed, however, when I try to view certain websites, It says I need a flash player to view it!!!

Any ideas?!

Hi, I use a Mac. What browser are you using?

I have a Mac, wouldn't be without it! Have you tried shutting down completely and restarting? This will work with most problems. Have asked my son, who is a wizz and he said the same. :)

Yes Ive tried shutting it right down and re starting but it still says I need to install a flashplayer! So annoying!!!

When you download a flashplayer, where do you move it to once it has sucessfully downloaded?!

Flash Player works inside your web browser rather than a seperate application on your computer. Have you an up to date web browser? Perhaps if you udate your Safari, or load Firefox - www.getfirefox.com

If you load a new browser, you may need to reinstall the Flash Player afterwards as well. Hope it works.

I am having more problems with my Mac Laptop!!!

For some reason my flash player isn't working, So I have tried repeatedly to download the newest version and it says it is successfully installed, however, when I try to view certain websites, It says I need a flash player to view it!!!

Any ideas?!

Have you updated to snow leopard ? If you have there may be an incompatability somewhere.

Otherwise it's just a case of making sure you have the right version of flashplayer for your browser. I use firefox (though it isn't great on mac) and it's working fine.

Mike

I have updated my Safari, I have no idea what snow leopard is?!?!

Tried re installing again and it still saying successful but cannot view some websites as it says I do not have a flash player!!

I am useless at this, so think I am going to have to take it into an apple shop and get them to look at it!

Thanks for all your help though!!

Try downloading and installing Firefox as an alternative web browser. www.getfirefox.com

It may work in this browser, rather than Safari.

Thanks, Ill give it a go!

I use Firefox as well so that may work. You could go on Macrumors and ask someone on there, it is a forum for Mac users and they are usually very helpful! :)

Latest posts

Back