Flyering in Town with Promo Girls!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimbers_81

Reaction score
Just an idea I had so passing it on really, just in case no-one has tried it or needs extra help advertising.

I got a couple thousand of flyer's made up and got a couple of promo girls to hand them out for me in the town centre.

I also got them to do it for free but gave them a free spray tan for their time (also having them all 'bronzed' meant that they were advertising my business just by people looking at them as well as handing out the flyer's)

Did it today and it went really well.

So, just passing it on - its worth ago :)

Kim x

That sounds fab, where did you get your promo girls from?:rolleyes:

i work as a promo girl too however the only thing to be careful is you can get a fine if you havent got a licence from the council. I have a pass from a previous promo job but if they find your fliers on the floor you will get charged. sorry dont want to put a dampner on things i have worked in promo for years now and wouldnt want anyone to get a fine, the council are always ready to jump on us in manchester but if you have your licence they cant fine you for being there.

apart from that really good idea, x

That sounds fab, where did you get your promo girls from?:rolleyes:

I used to do modelling myself so knew where to look lol

Lots of modelling sites out there with lots of girls on :) .... Purestorm, net-model etc

Kim x

i work as a promo girl too however the only thing to be careful is you can get a fine if you havent got a licence from the council. I have a pass from a previous promo job but if they find your fliers on the floor you will get charged. sorry dont want to put a dampner on things i have worked in promo for years now and wouldnt want anyone to get a fine, the council are always ready to jump on us in manchester but if you have your licence they cant fine you for being there.

apart from that really good idea, x

Actually I did check to see if I needed a licence or permit with South Tyneside council and they said I didn't need one which was great though they did mention that if there was loads of discarded flyer's lying around then I would be responsible for the cost of cleaning up! But we were only there for about an hour - just enough time to advertise without being a nuisance if you get what I mean :)

Kim x

sounds great hun, wish manchester was not as funny about things, i needed a licence to do ear piercing mobile whereas other councils say its ok you dont need one,

glad it went well for you though bet the girls looked fab too xx

i would be carefull with this one as strictly speaking it is illegal to hand out flyers in the street i know people who have got into trouble handing out flyers! xx

I didn't know it was illegal! There were police in the town and they didn't say anything to us!

It's done now anyway and got me some more business!

Kim x

Good job I didn't get into trouble a few years ago then when I was handing out flyers for Greenpeace in tiger body paint!
Posted via Mobile Device

Great Idea! good for you! Im sure the Council would have let you know if there were any bye-laws regarding flyers in your area. Thanks for sharing any tips are welcome in the current climate ! x

Actually that is a fab idea - and one that could get me started with my body painting again - in terms of painting up promo girls with company logos etc...
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back