Foil/Meche weave timing.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penners

Reaction score
Hi all Professional Hairdressing Geeks,
I am the first to admit that I am very slow with my weaving, but I'm also very careful and my customers are happy with me.
My question is when using bleach with 6% to do say a half head, how long does it take you on average? and what if your first meche have lifted enough when you've only just finished the last ones. I'm sure i over complicate it but I end up spraying the developed ones with water and wiping the roots while touching in any stray browns. Bascially I fuss around too much! I get a great result though:zzz:

I can get a half head in in 30-40 mins depending on thickness, im abit of a perfectionist and like my weaves and foils to be really neat! usually leave about 40mins to develop, if using 6% then i sometimes use 9% when i get to front so that it catches up with the back but not all time, and all dependent on the hair really!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

you get up to 60 minutes for a full head foils - it usually takes me 60 minutes if the client has really thick hair.

I think it just depends. :)

Half head usually takes me 40mins, full head an hour sometimes a little longer.
Can't seem to cut corners and reduce the amount of foils. I put in, just the way I was taught I guess
:)
Xxx

I can get a half head in in 30-40 mins depending on thickness, im abit of a perfectionist and like my weaves and foils to be really neat! usually leave about 40mins to develop, if using 6% then i sometimes use 9% when i get to front so that it catches up with the back but not all time, and all dependent on the hair really!

I usually know how long to leave as i do strand tests with about 95% of my clients hair before i colour it but then I do the same as you, I remove the bleach with wet cotton wool and put conditioner on them. Yes its a farce sometimes, especially if you are putting colour in between the foils but i hate the thought of it falling out x x

Hello
I take around 30 mins sometimes 40 for half head
main point is that if i think i will take longer say for full head
i use 3% with bleach as this still comes out really clean and not
yellow.so for nape to crown i will use 3% with bleach then move onto 6%
:biggrin:

im a perfectionist and i dont like brassy highlights, never a good look!

We have this game in the salon, that we learnt from one of our many courses that we go one every year, every 7 slices apparently take approx 5 mins inc application of foil or wrap and product. Now if you apply that theory and estimate a half head as 49 slices/weaved through should approx take you 35mins right...we know this isnt the case for everyone! (i chat way too much i think im on 40 tbh)
Full head takes me about an hour-which is the average time, using different formulas of vol whilst working it through. One of my staff is a colour master and omg is she fast, goes through a full head with 30mins.

I think it doesnt matter how fast you do it, but knowling your application is neat, accurate, not bleeding and always always depends of thickness of hair and what your final look your trying to achieve! xoxo

Hi thanks everyone or your replies, I understand using a lower peroxide strength to start with so the development time is similar BUT do you check the early ones regularly ( some of you say you take approx 40 mins then leave to develop for 40 mins, that seems a heck of a long time for the first ones to be processing?) and also what about the stray brown hairs you will have accidentally caught up in your weaving, do you just leave those as blonde regrowth and brown lengths so creating horizontal stripes?
I use meche so I can see everything developing, I guess with foil you can't tell whats going on unless you undo every packet?:Scared:

Hiya, once ive but the last ones in at the front i always go to the ones at the back and open them up to check how they are getting on, but ive never really had a problem, on the odd occasion i would pull them out and spray with water, but that would only be if perhaps it was a really hot and they were developing quicker than usual!

I dont really get the bit about stray hairs getting caught in the weaves, dont think this has happened to me, but maybe im not reading or under standing it properly?!? :) xXx

well if i'm doing regrowth highlights I try and weave only the already highlighted hair out, inevitably you get some un-highlighted hair and as you only put bleach on the regrowth area, that un-highlighted hair will have a blonde 1/2 inch and the rest dark. Hope this makes sense now ( didn't explain myself very well earlier:eek:)

well if i'm doing regrowth highlights I try and weave only the already highlighted hair out, inevitably you get some un-highlighted hair and as you only put bleach on the regrowth area, that un-highlighted hair will have a blonde 1/2 inch and the rest dark. Hope this makes sense now ( didn't explain myself very well earlier:eek:)

It all blends though at the end... Visually??xx

Ah ok i get it now :) in that case i would put the colour on the roots and then bring it down onto the lengths and ends of the un coloured hair and with the already bleached lengths and ends i would put it to the side and leave it out of the foil packet so its not in contact with the bleach! (cor its quite difficult putting it all into words isnt it!) xXx

Latest posts

Back