Foot File for Eco Friendly Salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annasmum

Reaction score
Hi I am starting in an eco-friendly, organic/vegan salon. So far I have used the CND callus file which I quite liked. I really want to go that little bit further with the hygiene protocols and sterilize (autoclave) my equipment. I know the opinions on the necessity for this differ greatly, so please I don't want to start that argument again. Does anyone know any foot files that are all metal so that you can sterilize them? (Not just disinfect) I had a look at the tweezerman with the replaceable pads but imo that is not really too eco-friendly as the pads are single use. Any suggestions?

I have seen various plane type tools around but as soon as metal is used it can be classed as a 'blade' even if it is lots of tiny blades.

Many abrasives are made with a paper backing, a natural grit and a natural glue (this probably isn't vegan though. Most files are made like this) but these are bio degradable.

How does an electricity guzzling autoclave fit with 'eco friendly' approach? Chemical sterilisers/disinfectants don't have to be eco unfriendly.

(BTW I love your avatar. I have one of those too)

Hi annasmum,
Diamond Deb make metal footfiles in various sizes that will withstand autoclaving. If you google it I am sure you'll be able to find a supplier.
HTH

Latest posts

Back