Foundation not lasting all day-makeup help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophiakate

Reaction score
Hello to all makeup geeks!
Is there a secret to having makeup that lasts ALL DAY? I apply my makeup in the morning (7am) and struggle to keep it lasting until 3, just a quick question to see if there is any suggestions on how I can keep my makeup looking fresh throughout the day?

I used to have that problem then i discovered jane iredale pressed foundation, love the stuff!!

Use a primer (depending on your skin type) jane Iredale Smooth affair primers and they now have one for oily skin too, I then use jane Iredale Glow time foundation & top up with a little pure pressed base then spritz with hydrating spray (setting spray) - I literally only spray the hydrating spray through the day as it re- activates the minerals - I don't re apply any base (I can go through a 12 hr shift). And yes I'm a jane Iredale stockist hence I use ALL JI minerals [emoji5]️

Use a decent primer for your skin type (I use Illamasqua hydra veil) and then spritz with Urban decay setting spray. Keeps my face in place all day and night! Love that stuff :) x

I don't do make up but if I don't use primer mine can go patchy and not last but with s primer it lasts ages x

Jane Iredale here as well. Lasts all day beautifully x

Is Jane iredale available to buy online? Or is it a salon retail product?

Is Jane iredale available to buy online? Or is it a salon retail product?
It's a salon product but they now sell it online too - you'd need a colour match for a base so better to go visit a salon/clinic [emoji4]

How do I contact Jane iredale?

I tried Arbonne makeup and I love it so much I became a consultant, I use it on all my clients now. The primer is beautiful, really silky and light. I have really oily skin and now I don't get that blotchy Ness or end of day oil slick. I use primer, leave to set in, then I use Arbonne perfecting foundation or cc cream and o just use a little with a foundation brush then buff with a stippling brush and you can always add more but building it up in thin layers makes it more stable. I set with mineral powder or setting powder, again by arbonne as the cheaper drugstore ones go in my pores after a few hours. And a setting spray! If you do reapply, always blot first x

You need to contact the IIAA if it's becoming a stockist - they will send a rep to you, if you google them it will come up [emoji5]️

Another vote for Jane Iredale, I had a trial make up session in my local beauty salon who stocks this and I love it -..... stear well clear of those MLM companies though, it's pure tat

As above if you're looking to become a stockist, but if you want to buy the products they have a website with a salon finder. We offer completely free make overs as do many ji salons x

Is there a big start up cost?

Is there a big start up cost?
Not when I joined but I think it has increased. It's worth talking to them and maybe trying to get to a show as they do lots of deals x

There's actually a show on the 11th I decided not to go as my other half is coming home for a week and its my only day off but I may consider it now

Another vote for Jane Iredale, I had a trial make up session in my local beauty salon who stocks this and I love it -..... stear well clear of those MLM companies though, it's pure tat
Just looked on the website to find a local salon that does this, there's none within 45 mins of me... I feel a little business opportunity for my new beautician!

@kahuna hair do it.

I live in a small village next to a small market town, you can walk down the high street from top to bottom in 5 minutes... It's small and that salon does really well with Jane Iredale, I'm lucky to have it right on my doorstep so to speak

My clients love it one they've tried it and then keep purchasing. It is a big outlay IF you get one of the displays with testers (imo you do need it helps to retail) and great to use after skin treatments & waxing/hair removal. Honestly get your area rep to visit and bring products so you can try them. They do have deals on I got the best seller display stand and free stock with mine. They also offer free make up events where their Mua comes to your salon & will offer make overs to your clients, leaves you to carry on with your business/treatments. It's definitely a more luxury mineral brand - go for it! [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back