From mobile to renting room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k_lee110788

Reaction score
I recently went self employed in hair and beauty. Ive not passed my driving test yet so was mostly working from home or doing a bit of mobile over the weekend when my partner could drive me.
I had a fb message yesturday from a lady who has a beauty salon close to the town centre offering me a chair to do hair only (i dont mind only doing hair as im more experienced and enjoy it more than beauty) for only £40 a week if I supply my own products. I went down to see it and its a full room with 2 chairs, she has her own beauty room next door! I think this is a good deal, any advice or opinions? I dont have much of a client base yet so is it too soon to rent a room (only set up 2 months ago)
also as I am still self employed do you think she will be ok with me working around my kids school hours? I could get someone to pick them up some days but most days I would have to finish at 2.30pm to pick them up. Im also pregnant (she knows) so would have to be off for midwife appts and my driving lessons.

Anyone? I need to let her know by tonight. I think im going to go for it!

In theory, as you're self-employed you take your own money, do your own taxes/accounts, set your own hours, come and go as you please. Make sure she is aware of this and treats you as self-employed properly. She is just your landlady in essence.

£40 a week sounds extremely cheap so I'd just double check how many days that's for etc.

In theory, as you're self-employed you take your own money, do your own taxes/accounts, set your own hours, come and go as you please. Make sure she is aware of this and treats you as self-employed properly. She is just your landlady in essence.

£40 a week sounds extremely cheap so I'd just double check how many days that's for etc.

I thought so. Normaly a rent a chair is £80 a week round here (small town) so £40 for a full room is seems to good to be true!

A chair round here (small town) is normaly £60-£80. She did advertise it as a chair but when i viewed it looked like a whole room. She will be doing beauty next door. I think i'll try it as I will be leaving to have my baby soon anyway.

Latest posts

Back