Full head bleach and Wella Illumina disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curlqueen44

Reaction score
so me and my friend ( we are both in hair school but on break now) decided to dye my jet black hair an ashy brown. the ends of my hair have been bleached and dyed before,the roots are virgin.

we bleach my hair with blondme and 6% and it turns to a pretty light yellow color. we then proceed to apply wella illumina 7/81 with the pastel developer for about half an hour/40 mins. when we rinse and dry it, it looks really awful. some parts of the lengths are an ashy brown tone but majority are a warm brassy brown. and the roots became a horrible gray/green light blonde color. can someone please help me correct this? right now i only have color touch toners available

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2016-06-19 kl. 01.50.13.png
    Skärmavbild 2016-06-19 kl. 01.50.13.png
    703.1 KB · Views: 333
sorry i didnt write how i wanted the outcome to be lol. right now i think i want it to be a nice 5-6 instead, like a rich brown thats more to the ashy side. can i just slap on a 5 in color touch ? my hair was very thick before, hence why i rarely dyed it, now after bleaching its literally like a bush !

just found some goldwell colorance 6N, how would that work out on my hair? :)

Last edited:
Think I know where you went wrong. But do you know where you went wrong??

No.

What level were you starting with?

According to your posting history, you told us you were training in hair colour in 2014, but you still don't seem to have grasped the basics, so I think you'd be better advised to concentrate on your studies before slapping on any more chemicals.

Level 2. And you wanted a 5-6 result. And your ends were bleached already.

This is a colour correction and if you are in hair school then you would have been better getting your tutor to do it as a demo for you rather than attempting it yourself.

According to your posting history, you told us you were training in hair colour in 2014, but you still don't seem to have grasped the basics, so I think you'd be better advised to concentrate on your studies before slapping on any more chemicals.

alot of things have happened since then, i stopped pursuing cosmetology school around that time in 2014 due to family reasons and ive been working with other things since. i recently restarted my education because it really is my dream to be a hair stylist:)

but please i would really like some help with my hair issue

Level 2. And you wanted a 5-6 result. And your ends were bleached already.

This is a colour correction and if you are in hair school then you would have been better getting your tutor to do it as a demo for you rather than attempting it yourself.

how would you go about rectifyng it?

how would you go about rectifyng it?

Find a decent colourist or see your tutor. This is also colour correction and not to be attempted at home if you haven't covered it/don't understand it.

Colouring Virgin hair is pretty easy.

Colour correction on hair that has already undergone several chemical processes including bleach is far more complex and you really need to use the correct products for different areas of the head.

You will never get a nice even colour by applying one colour mix all over.

Seriously, it's time to go to a salon unless you want to risk breakage.

Going by your picture, (skin tone etc.) your natural colour cannot possibly be a level 2.

Going by your picture, (skin tone etc.) your natural colour cannot possibly be a level 2.

heres my hair before the process

yes i think ill go to a colorist, i mean the color on the ends isnt very far of from what i wanted, its just that on the parts we left the color on the longest (the back) it got nice and ashy however on the front part of the ends it became a very warm brassy color. and then we have the roots that are completely off

Attachments

• heyyy.jpg
    heyyy.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 139
So you've got at least 3 different colours going on?

If your hair is naturally very dark, it's going to look quite odd after a few weeks of re-growth with a dark band and become very costly to maintain as you'll need to re-do it about every 4 weeks to avoid it looking naff.

You might be better off splashing the cash and going for a root stretch with ombré in the longer term. It will look pretty and last much longer if done well. Shop around a few salons for free consultations and find an experienced colourist.

So you've got at least 3 different colours going on?

If your hair is naturally very dark, it's going to look quite odd after a few weeks of re-growth with a dark band and become very costly to maintain as you'll need to re-do it about every 4 weeks to avoid it looking naff.

You might be better off splashing the cash and going for a root stretch with ombré in the longer term. It will look pretty and last much longer if done well. Shop around a few salons for free consultations and find an experienced colourist.

yea that sounds quite reasonable. so ill tell the colorist that i want darker along the roots (basically everywhere that i have the awful grey-green color) and just leave the ends? because the ends arent that bad i think

Attachments

• Bild 2016-06-19 kl. 10.57.jpg
    Bild 2016-06-19 kl. 10.57.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 132
Ombre will look fab and be easier maintained. I'd do what AcidPerm suggests and invest in a good colourist to do it for you. You get what you pay for. There are no shortcuts to good hair!:D

Defo get a root stretch, that's what I ended up doing as my roots looked hideous up to my platnium blonde colour

Latest posts

Back