g-mex manchester opi???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katmoz33

Reaction score
where were they? i was looking for my fluffy but i couldnt even find the opi stand? did i miss it ........!?kat

Dont know about gmex but they weren't at earls court.

nope they wernt there babe nor at Earls court either, was suprised myself as i needed o get soem bits from them.
x

thought they were really popular, strange wonder why they wernt there? also no spangles or star nails or the edge ?

I thought star nails was there they were on the floor plan i didnt look for them to be honest.

Well I know those stand cost mega bucks, so maybe they decided that the expense just wasn't worth it. I noticed that most of the regulars at EC had smaller stands than normal, so maybe the suppliers are finding things tougher financially. Business definitely ain't what it was a few years ago, although I think that is offset with more and more people getting into nails and beauty and I think the industry is now flooded with therapists. JMHO

i coudnt find them, though it was so busy im suprised i found anything! went straight to creative before it got ransacked! lol good offers on retention ...

Believe it or not there is still that North-South divide and many nail companies will not take a stand at the northern shows!!:evil: It irks me because nails thrive in the north.

The other problem geeks is that there are just too many shows. The stands are so expensive that companies have to limit the number per year they do and the organizers want them to do more and more because they are the ones who make the mega bucks out of it. Shows for companies are a PR exercise and not a money making thing despite hoards of people at the stands.

geeg said:
Believe it or not there is still that North-South divide and many nail companies will not take a stand at the northern shows!!:evil: It irks me because nails thrive in the north.

So whats turn out like at the Scottish show?

Usually the London Based companies are not there.

Are Creative there?

Yes Creative are there but as Geeg says not a lot of companies come up to Scotland. It's a shame really cos I think they would do really well. We used to have two days as the SECC in Glasgow, but because it was so poor, they have changed it and we now have only one day in Edinburgh. The shows are also not very well advertised either, if I had a pound for every 'Oh was there a show, did I miss it'......

Lorraine x

We use OPI at work, and I had the ''pleasure'' of one of their sales reps come to visit us to update us on new products etc.

He told us OPI wouldn't be exhibiting. Don't quite understand this, but he said Lena White was offering her business in a hotel? Don't ask, but that's what he said! Even my manager was baffled by this!

OPI was at the scottish show last year debbie, and the year before

Latest posts

Back