Gel II training!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drapedindaisies

Reaction score
Hi all! [emoji1366]

I have finally booked myself onto my first nail training course (this running alongside my essential nails manicure and pedicure course)
I’ll be training with the creative beauty group in Bournemouth on Monday, doing the Gel II manicure course, I’m super excited but also super nervous. Eek!

Just giving a shout out to see if anyone has trained with them before? Or if anyone currently uses Gel II? I’ve had my heart set on Gel II for a long time as I’ve heard nothing but good things about the brand. But I’d love to hear your opinions as I know the majority of you are pros on here.

I know the creative beauty group is a very reputable training company to go with and I want to build good foundations to give me the very best start!

Any other newbie tips would be great! Can’t believe I’m actually getting the ball rolling arghhh!

Thanks in advance everyone,

Victoria xo

Creative Beauty Group are fab, Gel2 is a great gel polish, I run it alongside my CND Shellac. Some of the colours can be tricky, but they've recently produced a spreadsheet of which need base colours, 3 colour coats, buffing to remove, etc.

You'll be fine, relax and enjoy

Creative Beauty Group are fab, Gel2 is a great gel polish, I run it alongside my CND Shellac. Some of the colours can be tricky, but they've recently produced a spreadsheet of which need base colours, 3 colour coats, buffing to remove, etc.

You'll be fine, relax and enjoy

Thank you for giving me some input, it’s eased me up a little bit [emoji5][emoji92] and thanks for the heads up on the colours. My friend actually mentioned to me yesterday that she’s struggling a little with the polish at the moment, but despite this she wouldn’t use anything else! She still very much loves gel II, which speaks volumes.

Can’t wait to get on with it all, it’s super exciting!

Thanks again!

My friend actually mentioned to me yesterday that she’s struggling a little with the polish at the moment

If she contacts the Acadamy they'll send her a copy of the spreadsheet, I think it's also available to download on their FB Page documents

Thank you for your amazing advice [emoji5][emoji92]

I did the conversion course when it first launched with TCBG. I also run alongside shellac as clients kept asking for colour change gel polish and CND don't offer this option. I love it! Lasts weeks and I personally don't have any application or removal issues. I also love the fact it's a 2 step system (I never use french pink under any colours). X

I did the conversion course when it first launched with TCBG. I also run alongside shellac as clients kept asking for colour change gel polish and CND don't offer this option. I love it! Lasts weeks and I personally don't have any application or removal issues. I also love the fact it's a 2 step system (I never use french pink under any colours). X

Thank you for your reply. Please excuse my very late reply also [emoji23] I feel a lot happier knowing you get on with it so well as I’ve been feeling a little disheartened recently with it. It’s been shrinking at the free edge and chipping days after it’s been applied. I put this down to my immature experience with the product as I’m very much still learning. I will carry on though, practice makes perfect after all!

Thanks again [emoji1317]

Thank you for your reply. Please excuse my very late reply also [emoji23] I feel a lot happier knowing you get on with it so well as I’ve been feeling a little disheartened recently with it. It’s been shrinking at the free edge and chipping days after it’s been applied. I put this down to my immature experience with the product as I’m very much still learning. I will carry on though, practice makes perfect after all!

Thanks again [emoji1317]

Gel ii is well known for free edge shrinkage if you don't shake/mix the bottles properly. They usually teach you how on the training, you need to roll the bottles forvat least 30 seconds, and new bottles should be stirred with a metal stirrer in a figure 8 pattern.

Free edge chipping is either incorrect finger placement or overloading the free edge when capping, both are beginner mistakes easily fixed.

Gel ii is well known for free edge shrinkage if you don't shake/mix the bottles properly. They usually teach you how on the training, you need to roll the bottles forvat least 30 seconds, and new bottles should be stirred with a metal stirrer in a figure 8 pattern.

Free edge chipping is either incorrect finger placement or overloading the free edge when capping, both are beginner mistakes easily fixed.

Thank you! I am making sure I am mixing and stirring them really well now! I’m no longer getting shrinkage hurrah! [emoji23]

And with regards to chipping, it only really happened on one lady I did, she was a cleaner so it’s to be expected. But as you said it will be easily expected also as a beginner. Which I know will be the culprit until I get into the swing of it.

Thank you so so much. Makes me feel so much better about it as I worry people won’t ever want to come back, but I know I’ll improve [emoji5]

Latest posts

Back