Gel it

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLAOH

jog jog jogging
Reaction score
Hi,

Just a question for all of those who have been trying the new Gel it.

How do you find it and do have have any lifters? :biggrin:

I've been wearing it on my own nails for a week and have lifting on ALL the nails, something that I haven't had before. I never get lifting onmy own nails so I'm obviously doing something wrong. :rolleyes: I redid one of my nails last night and noticed lifting already this morning :mad:

Is it just me? :lol: :lol: :lol: hope it can be sorted as I love the shades of pink in the range.

Lou x

hi lou,
i havent any lifting at all,
but i really scrubbed my first thin layer of gel in if thats any help?
i work it like a paint brush up down side to side really stroking it into the nail plate, then let it settle for a couple of seconds.
if thats any help

Thanks for that Joanne, I'll give it a go.

Hiya,
I've had no trouble with Gel it, I applied it to myself and 2 clients nearly 2 weeks ago and I have no lifting and have not had any calls fom my clients either. I do has Joanne and really press into the nailbed the first thin coat cure, Then build the nail with the second coat, Cure , wipe with cleanse it, buff over and apply uv top coat ,cure.
Hths

Hi Lesley,

I will not be beaten :D I'll have another play tonight and try scrubbing the first layer in.

It is a much thicker gel than the one I've using and I know I'm putting too much on. I used it on a lady last Friday, who has only had lifting on her thumbs. I've offered to go back this Wednesday to redo the set as a freebie as I'm not happy with them. They are too thick at the cuticle.

At least I know it's my application. Back to another practice ;)

Lou x

I was all worried for a bit then . I have just paid deposit to do my training and was scared I had choosen the wrong product. Keep us all up to date with your progress. Will be very interested to hear it. x x x x

Make sure your prep is thorough.....don't use things like cuticle remover prior to application, try aplying 2 coats of ez bond to facilitate adhesion and make sure all non living tissue is removed, buff nail plate and brush well to remove all traces of dust.
Also if you are not used to this gel watch you don't flood the margins!
Let us know how you get on.

CLare

Have you used a builder gel b 4 ? As oceana said though prep in all products is one of the keys to no problem nails. To add Remember to remove the surface shine, use easy bond to cleance and dehydrate the nail plate and make sure the product is on the nail plate and not on any soft tissue , as with gel there is no problems with mix ratio should be plain saling. If you are at the show pop along and see a demo or alternativly join a class for some tutorials, sure we have an educator near you? Hope this helps please feel free to pm or email me if i can be of any other help?
plaoh said:
Hi Lesley,

I will not be beaten :D I'll have another play tonight and try scrubbing the first layer in.

It is a much thicker gel than the one I've using and I know I'm putting too much on. I used it on a lady last Friday, who has only had lifting on her thumbs. I've offered to go back this Wednesday to redo the set as a freebie as I'm not happy with them. They are too thick at the cuticle.

At least I know it's my application. Back to another practice ;)

Lou x

sorry to hear your having problems lou,

if you want to pm me with the exact steps your taking, i'll see if i can help you get to the botton of this.

antony

buttons said:
I was all worried for a bit then . I have just paid deposit to do my training and was scared I had choosen the wrong product. Keep us all up to date with your progress. Will be very interested to hear it. x x x x

Hi Buttons,

No you haven't chosen a wrong product, it's my application :D You made a right choice in choosing Ezflow (just wished their training was a bit closer to me)

Will keep you all posted. ;)

Hi Clare,

Thinking about it my prep wasn't brilliant when I did the complete set and although it hasn't been a problem before...... will need to treat my own nails the same as my customers.

Caroline, I have used IBD builder before, although recently have been using Akzentz Trilite which is very different to a builder. I will go back to basics re prep and let you know how I get on.

Thank you again to everyone for your help, will keep you posted. x

antnbuckley said:
sorry to hear your having problems lou,

if you want to pm me with the exact steps your taking, i'll see if i can help you get to the botton of this.

antony

Thanks Antony,

I'll redo my nails this weekend and if I have any problems I'll send you a pm.

Latest posts

Back