Gel on natural nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LynT

Reaction score
Is it possible to use gel instead of a fibreglass/silk wrap to strengthen the natural nail?

Thanks!!

Lyn

The answer to your question is YES, gel will make the natural nail much stronger.

Debbie

hi

i use bio sculpture gel on some of my clients who have natural length on their on nails i use that and sink some silk into it to give added strength which work well.

i think some people use the new 's' gel with it as welll however i havent used it so dont know what kind of strength this gives.

hth x

yes, most brands of gel will do the job perfectly.

Some create a permanent french, some colour, some just clear.....tailor made to the clients needs !

amb x

Hi there
If someone's nail need strengthening I would use bio sculpture sculpting gel first to help strengthen the nail.

Deb379

This is a picture of a Natural Nail overlay I did using Brisa Gel - click the piccy to enlarge

My clients with NNO love it they say their nails feel much stronger because of the protection of the gel - they also love being able to have them a wee bit more longer than they would if they were natural with a permenant french look.
My best piece of advice for NNO apart from meticulious prep is to ensure you cap the free edge well.
HTH
KxXx

These are lovely, I am doing a few natural nail overlays this week, did you put the white on before the pink or clear or after? I know some do it first, some do it last,( but before the finishing gel!), also, could I be cheeky and ask how much you charge? I was thinking £25.00, but maybe this is a bit too steep?
nemotail said:
This is a picture of a Natural Nail overlay I did using Brisa Gel - click the piccy to enlarge

My clients with NNO love it they say their nails feel much stronger because of the protection of the gel - they also love being able to have them a wee bit more longer than they would if they were natural with a permenant french look.
My best piece of advice for NNO apart from meticulious prep is to ensure you cap the free edge well.
HTH
KxXx

I do bonder layer in pink, then POW, then a layer of clear, buff with a 180 and Finishing Gloss. I have tried loads of ways but this has def. been the most successful for fingers - I charge £22 for a NNO - £30 for a full set P&W but your price is dependant on your area and your charges for other services.
HTH
KxXx

Latest posts

Back