Gel polish/HEMA free/Insurance questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New2beauty

Reaction score
hi all,

I wondered whether I would need to do a gel polish course for insurance purposes. I will be using HEMA free gel polish (any recommendations appreciated) as I'm severely allergic (for which I can't find any courses in the uk). Would a manicure certificate be enough? I've emailed a few insurers but just wondered if anyone has any thoughts x thanks x

And...I know the entire system should be used but as IBD is HEMA free (but base and top are not could a different top coat be used or would this invalidate insurance?

Xx

Last edited:
hi all,

I wondered whether I would need to do a gel polish course for insurance purposes. I will be using HEMA free gel polish (any recommendations appreciated) as I'm severely allergic (for which I can't find any courses in the uk). Would a manicure certificate be enough? I've emailed a few insurers but just wondered if anyone has any thoughts x thanks x

And...I know the entire system should be used but as IBD is HEMA free (but base and top are not could a different top coat be used or would this invalidate insurance?

Xx

I have used ibd JGP with Shellac base &top coat. No issues
Just be aware the ibd Power Bond contains hema as well.

I think that a manicure certificate is enough. Insurers have to give credit to it.

Some products HEMA free wich I know:
  1. Light Elegance P+ Gel polishes
  2. Light Elegance Gels, Topcoats and Bonders
  3. JOSS Gel Polishes
  4. Perfect Nails Competition Formula Acrylic Monomer
  5. Nail Advantage Monomer
  6. Perfect Nails Platinum Plus
Maybe you can get a certificate from your products supplier wich specifies that the products you use are HEMA free.

It's important that your insurer knows what you do. It could reduce your insurance fee.

If you use products with HEMA insurers could invalidate your professional insurance.

Good luck! And take care your health when you're doing your nail art

Hi, thank you all for your replies.

I've spoken to a few insurers all of whom have said that a gel polish certificate is a must now! I managed to get a place on a gel polish course yesterday due to a cancellation so that's all done now but my poor hands are red raw even with gloves x still didn't get a response from insurers as to using different top/base coat brand to colour brand will update when I do et a reply x

Latest posts

Back