Gel polish top coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maria_julie

Reaction score
Hi can anyone recommend a gel polish topcoat that's cheap but good and easy to use with striping tape! My recent supplier has stopped selling striping tape and I'm gutted. I bought a new one but my top coat isn't great with it!

Hi can anyone recommend a gel polish topcoat that's cheap but good and easy to use with striping tape! My recent supplier has stopped selling striping tape and I'm gutted. I bought a new one but my top coat isn't great with it!
Is it for topping off acrylic. Ideally you should stick with the same brands. What's the issue with your current top coat? Halo's thick top coat is fab at giving a nice smooth finish and it has UV protectors. It does have an inhibition layer though x

It's slightly tacky and looses it's shine. I've been a nail tech for 8 years and it doesn't matter what top coat, that's normally your trainers opinion. But my current one has changed or maybe a dodgy batch? But I'm looking for a new one to try. It's for over acrylic and gel polish. Ideally one without the tackiness to wipe off. But it's not essential. I'm wondering whether there's a name or brand I've might of missed or hidden secrets ☺️ x

Yes! IBD Wetseal is like wet glass !!! Absolutely gorgeous... and there is one from Modelones brand on Amazon that is inexpensive and worth every dollar. Doesn’t have that UV blue look in the sunlight that they can sometimes cast.

Latest posts

Back