Gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammybellis

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just wondered if any one can give me a bit of help.
I'm new to Gel Polish, and am currently using brillbird products.

Some times when I'm doing a polish, I can see the 1st layer of polish moving around when I apply the second, even after it's been cured. I've tried extra thin layers, normal layers, curing for longer etc. just can't seem to get it to set solid?
Also find when this happens that I'll end up with colour on top coat brush?
When I do final cure thou and cleanse no polish comes off?

Sorry meant to write, Thanks for any input and advice at the bottom!
I currently still getting my confidence up on friends and family before I offer the service to the public, so would appreciate any words of wisdom!
Thanks geeks ❤️

Sounds like it isn't curing correctly especially if you can see the colour moving when adding the next layer.

Are your lamp bulbs all working? And Are you using the correct lamp for the gel polish you are using?
Xx

Thanks for the reply.
Yep lamp all working and using correct one!
Maybe I should just try and cure for longer? x

If you're using the recommended lamp and applying the product correctly then increasing the cure time shouldn't be necessary. Has this been a problem since you've had the lamp?

It's an on and off problem and I just can't work out what causes it to do it?!! It's driving me mad!!

Is it with different colours or the same one that you have problems with and is the problem on every nail or just one or 2?

Just trying to rule things out :) x

Is it a UV or an LED cure?

Vic x

Normally just one or two nails. Different colours.
I have a UV/LED combo lamp, it's a new one brillbird brought out.
I'm pretty sure it's something I'm doing wrong, maybe too much bond? Or not enough? But then I'm a newbie and don't really know?!
Really appreciate your input guys. Xx

If it's just one or two nails it's quite likely the angle of the clients hand is preventing the light from curing the whole nail, or the hand is too far in/not far enough in so once again the light isn't reaching the entire nail.

I'd contact your supplier x

Has anyone that's commented on this post used Gelish? Was thinking of putting in an order with nail harmony and buying some gelish. Is it good? x

I use gelish and love it but I'd recommend taking a conversion class if you do decide to purchase as different products have different methods. And classes cover trouble shooting which would help a lot x

Thanks cheekychick xx

I do, and love love love it!

I use ibd just gel and love it. Never had any application problems x

I find with the ibd gel with the lighter colours you have to put a few coats on as I don't want to apply them to thick do you find this?

Do Brillbird do a training course for their product that you could do? This would be by far the best option for you. Where have you got the curing times from? Are you using the lamp as LED or UV? Could you have confused the curing times? ☺

Latest posts

Back