Gel top coats

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantrelax

Head in the clouds Geek
Reaction score
I did a set of nails on my sister on Sunday and painted them a lovely red colour and then coated them with Star Nails Quattro. They looked great and apeared dry before I put the Quattro on.

Anyway, Just spoke to Toni and she says that the nail polish is chipping, this is happening as the nail polsih was not dry before I put the Quattro on. My question is, are there any other Gel top coats that can be used with out the polish being totally dry.

andrelax said:
I did a set of nails on my sister on Sunday and painted them a lovely red colour and then coated them with Star Nails Quattro. They looked great and apeared dry before I put the Quattro on.

Anyway, Just spoke to Toni and she says that the nail polish is chipping, this is happening as the nail polsih was not dry before I put the Quattro on. My question is, are there any other Gel top coats that can be used with out the polish being totally dry.

Creative to one Called Heat Dry and this can go on polish after 1 minute from the application its fabulous and its great to sell as a retail item.

YOu dont need a UV lamp just a desk lamp - how cool is that

I've been really pleased with Quattro as far as lasting and for looks - but not so happy when it came to getting it off when used on a natural nail over enamel.

Does the Creative Heat Dry need to be filed off? does it give long lasting results like a UV top coat or is it more like a regular top coat?

Mari

Fab Freak said:
Creative to one Called Heat Dry and this can go on polish after 1 minute from the application its fabulous and its great to sell as a retail item.

YOu dont need a UV lamp just a desk lamp - how cool is that

Is this an Item I have to Creative trained to get? How long does it take to cure?

you don't have to be trained by cnd to order the HeatDry and loads more products besides.

ValencianNails said:
you don't have to be trained by cnd to order the HeatDry and loads more products besides.

Does there have to be a minimum order?

not as far as i know... but I never seem to have a small order lol
there is a courier/delivery charge so if you live close to a One Stop Nail Shop it would be worth you going there to get a secondary account set up, do your nail shopping and no delivery charges :D

I don't think ther is one near me. I'm sure I saw some Solar Oil in Sally's . Does anyone know if they sell the Heat Dry too?

why not phone designer nails in leeds to find out where your nearest one is.

Duh!! Why didn't I think of that? lol

Does the Creative Heat Dry need to be filed off? does it give long lasting results like a UV top coat or is it more like a regular top coat?

Nope it comes off with polish remover

Fab Freak said:
Nope it comes off with polish remover

Hi sorry, but just to double check, this top coat will last until the next infill?

I used a China Glaze UV cured polish top coat (not a file off one) on a girl who had nail art for her birthday, it lasted over two weeks and that was during half term with lots of sports and games in her time off. I know Creative do a UV cured too, so do Nubar (from Mad Beauty).. pretty sure NSI do as well. I used to use Quattro but stopped as I don't like the filing off, but the normal UV cured polishes seem to work fine.

bimbogeri said:
I used a China Glaze UV cured polish top coat (not a file off one) on a girl who had nail art for her birthday, it lasted over two weeks and that was during half term with lots of sports and games in her time off. I know Creative do a UV cured too, so do Nubar (from Mad Beauty).. pretty sure NSI do as well. I used to use Quattro but stopped as I don't like the filing off, but the normal UV cured polishes seem to work fine.

Do you use other china glaze polishes?

I do use other China Glaze polishes, think they are lovely! I have about 90 of them :eek: :o But I've just been trying the Nubar ones and they're fab too.

Hi Bim

Who makes China Glaze ?

bimbogeri said:

Davinia said:
Hi Bim

Who makes China Glaze ?

China Glaze are an American based company,there fairly new in this country. I use them and am quite pleased with them apart from one hiccup but I'll put that down to the client.

Latest posts

Back