Gelish advise needed please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjcayenne

Reaction score
Hi i am very interested in purchasing gelish! However i decided to pay someone to apply it to my nails so i could see before i bought it! now i am very confused :rolleyes: because i had a french polish done & it was thick at the ends & bumpy & part of the nail had no gelish on it like a little hole. Please help with any advise as i read great comments about this product & would like to offer this service to my clients but would not be happy if this is what it turns out like! I have been using gel myself for years now & I have a feeling it was the way in which it was applied as also left all over my skin!
any advise would be great thanks :lol:

I think you have answered your own question, it's not the product, but how it was applied!!
It seems the tech you went to needs a bit more practise with her Gelish! Although I would have thought if you can apply a good French Manicure polish then you can apply a Gelish one. It is not like applying Gel at all apart from the curing under a lamp,therefore should not be thick/bumpy/patchy.

I agree with izzidoll, it's down to the way it's been applied. I been using gelish a while now, you must apply thin with one or two coats depending on your coverage. As for leaving it on your skin thats not very professional, I do get it on the skin when getting the smile line perfect, but use nail fresh to clean before I cure.
Don't let that experience but you off, it's a brilliant product.

thanks for the advise, will order it this week, which is the best colour to put over the french? as hard to see colours on line. thanks again

I use Simply Sheer for my french.

Thanks for that cant wait to try it now! shame i cant wear it though as what i had done melted off after 6 days, didnt use that much acetone only removed clients polish!

& part of the nail had no gelish on it like a little hole. :lol:

i cant wear it though as what i had done melted off after 6 days, didnt use that much acetone only removed clients polish!

I think the first quote may explain what happened in the second!

If the Gelish topcoat wasn't properly applied then that would surely explain why it would come off when using products with acetone.

makes sense! thought it may have been cos is a quick soak off gel, so hopefully i can wear it myself then, thought it was strange to soak off so quickly as taking polish off is so quick.
thanks again for the good advise

I wear Gelish regularly and do a lot of removals and applications.

Never had Gelish even dull on me using acetone never mind peeling off.

Its an amazing product and I know you will not regret your purchase.:hug:

Last edited:
that makes me more confident in buying it! as was thinking how can i advertise it, if not able to wear it myself.
thanks everyone for you great advise.

Latest posts

Back