Gelish not removing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellslouise

Reaction score
Hi all, I have had Gelish put onto my nails on a harmony training course yesterday and tonight removed it. Usually my removal is fine, and the application was also fine and watched over by our teacher. However when removing I left it 15 mins and the Gelish is still so hard to get off. The shade is maliblue me away. Thanks

Did you buff the topcoat off first? Gelish hardly budges if you don't! X

Maybe you are leaving it for too long and the soak off is drying out?

Remove the shine from the nail, add a drop of nourish to each nail & wrap with soak off for 10 mins then check. Should come straight off.
x

Maybe you are leaving it for too long and the soak off is drying out?

Remove the shine from the nail, add a drop of nourish to each nail & wrap with soak off for 10 mins then check. Should come straight off.
x
I wasn't aware nourish is required for gelish soak off
same goes for shellac?

same goes for shellac?
It isn't a requirement, but many of us use this method now. I have done this for about a year and found that it certainly helps remove Gelish.
To the OP, I buff, oil and wrap each nail as I go along, so that by the time you are finished wrapping the last nail, the first one is ready. A little heat also helps

same goes for shellac?

As Ch-Ela said it isn't a requirement but lots of techs find it helpful.
x

When you say you put nourish on when removing the gel would this effect re application as its oil?

thanks

Danielle

When you say you put nourish on when removing the gel would this effect re application as its oil?

thanks

Danielle
I have never had a problem with this method. For some of my clients that have really dry nails, I oil them after removal as well. As long as you cleanse thoroughly, it should make no difference.

I've had the same problem especially with clients having structure

I've had the same problem especially with clients having structure

I find Gelish removes easier with structure gel.
Are you soaking the nails for too long? As the soak off can dry out and the Gelish/ structure gel can re harden

I find Gelish removes easier with structure gel.
Are you soaking the nails for too long? As the soak off can dry out and the Gelish/ structure gel can re harden
I leave it on for about 10 mins then check but it doesn't budge like it used to?

Latest posts

Back