Gelish polish, burning on polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissaf95

Reaction score
Hi, I done a clients nails last Tuesday evening (a week ago) and she messaged me today saying there seems to be marks on her big toe nails which look like burn marks from the lamp (6g led lamp) which appeared the day after I done them, obviously I don't know what to believe as I would have thought she would have mentioned it when she rebooked. But just wanted some opinions on what it could be?
could it be possible from wearing tight shoes with the socks rubbing?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hmm how strange! I would have thought if it was actual 'burning' from the lamp, she would have definitely felt it at the time? And why would the marks appear the next day if the polish had burnt? It's never happened to me so really not sure. It is maybe more likely to be staining off her shoes (if she doesn't wear socks) as the marks are exactly where her nails would be rubbing against them. Did the client mention anything at the time about any burning sensation? What lamp do you have? Xx

Hmm how strange! I would have thought if it was actual 'burning' from the lamp, she would have definitely felt it at the time? And why would the marks appear the next day if the polish had burnt? It's never happened to me so really not sure. It is maybe more likely to be staining off her shoes (if she doesn't wear socks) as the marks are exactly where her nails would be rubbing against them. Did the client mention anything at the time about any burning sensation? What lamp do you have? Xx
When I done them she never mentioned anything about a burning sensation, so I doubt she had one and I asked when she messaged me if there was any pain when it appeared and she said no. I just find it very bizarre! I'll attach a picture of the lamp I use. She said she tried rubbing it off but it wouldn't budge, so I do think it's something that's rubbed on the nail xx
image.jpg

Could it be Dye transfer from wearing shoes?

Could it be Dye transfer from wearing shoes?
That's the only thing I can think of. I have offered to repair them but I definitely don't think it happened the morning she woke up

That's the only thing I can think of. I have offered to repair them but I definitely don't think it happened the morning she woke up

If possible I'd ask her to pop back, lightly buff the nail and if it's dye it will disappear.
If so then you'll be able to just give it another coat of colour & top it off and It will be back to normal. x

If possible I'd ask her to pop back, lightly buff the nail and if it's dye it will disappear.
If so then you'll be able to just give it another coat of colour & top it off and It will be back to normal. x
Fab, I'll do that, thank you x

I have a client who always has this mark on her big toes, it puzzled me until I noticed she doesn't wear any socks with her black pump shoes.

Latest posts

Back