Gellux day training, anyone done this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicNails

Reaction score
Hi,
I just recently completed a 12 week nail tech course at college, cost £444 and we learnt gel, acrylic and silk overlays.
I loved the course and im enjoying experimenting with all of the above on friends and family. I have been using the gellux system and find it works well, with nice colour choice etc. I noticed my local 'Adel's' were doing a 1 day Gellux course learning about proper application of there gel polish and mini manicures etc.

We didn't cover manicures or pedicures at college, and from reading on here, I kind of feel I need to, orelse I kind of feel under qualified !?#

My friend said I may even need the manicure qual first, before I even begin the gellux course.
Has anyone done it, and can you tell ,me what I need?
So excited and want to get cracking, but feel like my college course didn't really equip me with everything I now need to either a) get a job in a salon, or b) work for myself.

Feeling kind of like.....so, what now!!?

Think I might call S2 tomorrow as well. My college starter kit was from them, see what they can offer. Will prob take me longer to save for thought, AND iv already spent a lot on Gellux products....ugh!

Help geeks!!

Sam

Hi,
I just recently completed a 12 week nail tech course at college, cost £444 and we learnt gel, acrylic and silk overlays.
I loved the course and im enjoying experimenting with all of the above on friends and family. I have been using the gellux system and find it works well, with nice colour choice etc. I noticed my local 'Adel's' were doing a 1 day Gellux course learning about proper application of there gel polish and mini manicures etc.

We didn't cover manicures or pedicures at college, and from reading on here, I kind of feel I need to, orelse I kind of feel under qualified !?#

My friend said I may even need the manicure qual first, before I even begin the gellux course.
Has anyone done it, and can you tell ,me what I need?
So excited and want to get cracking, but feel like my college course didn't really equip me with everything I now need to either a) get a job in a salon, or b) work for myself.

Feeling kind of like.....so, what now!!?

Think I might call S2 tomorrow as well. My college starter kit was from them, see what they can offer. Will prob take me longer to save for thought, AND iv already spent a lot on Gellux products....ugh!

Help geeks!!

Sam

Did your course cover basic manicure eg, nail shaping and cuticle removal. I'm surprised that they didn't cover manicure.

You will find that most courses require manicure certificates as an entry level. Contact your local Sally salon services for a training prospectus. They are brilliant and will advise what courses are best. I did ASP manicure and gel polish at Sally in Birmingham for less than the price of most nail companies, but the training was excellent. Make sure you choose a course that has the appropriate awarding bodies and not just an academy award.

Latest posts

Back