Gels Vs Acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aplogies if I am wrong ...but Calgel and Biosculpture were once one and the same so it is no surprise if they use the same marketing techniques.

NailStyle said:
I may be wrong but i thought it was Calgel that did the whole.."nails breath" and "this causes no damage to nails" sales thing...i didnt think it was Bio Sculpture. xx
I had a look on Bio's website and don't want to be the one to start world war 3 with my opinions on 'some' of the things I read so I'm going to keep schtum :eek:

ValencianNails said:
I had a look on Bio's website and don't want to be the one to start world war 3 with my opinions on 'some' of the things I read so I'm going to keep schtum :eek:

Hey Buddy

i dont listen to the twoddle they come out with - i use the product because i like it....i wouldnt feel comfortable shpeeeelllling any mistruths !!

Amb x

I use pronails gel and i think its wicked- and they have loads of cool colours or if you want, be creative and mix your own. They are self leveling- and i have them on my own nails and they have never lifted or yellowed. Im not trained with creative, but got hold of some brisa but it wasnt for me. I think that if you are happy with one system stick to it- they did.

Hi Girls,

Have any of you heard of a product called Acrygel? My tutor on my Acrylic course showed us it....this has the strength of acrylic and the finish of gel, looks fab and does not smell bad either.

Gillie x

Dont quote me, but I am pretty sure Acrygel is by StarNails. Got a catalogue sent out by them to me last year and I am sure that was a new product featured in it.

hi.
i am using starnails gel at the moment, is this a good system in your view and do you think that the miricle glue is more effective then the normal instant glue.
thanks. nancy;)

I have trained in both L&P and Gel and personally prefer Gel. Apart from the points Sassy already listed, a huge plus point for me is that gel I use is non porous. I have a few hairdresser clients and they love the fact it doesnt absorb dye like L&P does - it just rinses off. You can change your polish over gel every day if you like and it doesnt affect it, still beautiful shiny nails underneath.
I never got the hang of L&P but Gel just clicked, not saying I wouldnt try L&P again because I plan to re-train next year and want to train in Fibreglass too but my preferance at the moment is for Gel.
Have to agree about technology moving on - I first considered training in gel nails 5 years ago and had a set applied to try, my fingers burnt so bad I couldnt keep them under the lamp and I had to come home and removed them they looked awful. My OH's exact word were ' they look like melted plastic spoons on your fingers'. I know now it was a bad technician but that experiance kept me away from Gel for 5 years until I read about Brisa ~ which I use and love.
Just my opinion ~ HTH
KxXx

Thanks for your opinion. I think when I get the money together I should go and learn how to do Gels. It will be good to provide both services to my customers.
xxxxx;)

Latest posts

Back