Getting less busy as summer approaches?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemmaBeauty

Reaction score
I'm self employed and have worked from home for the past 11 months. Month by month my business grew, and it got to a point where I had to turn people away as I would be fully booked weeks in advance. I mainly massage (approx 70%) but also do facials, nails and eye treatments.
I had to take 3 weeks off in March due to hospitalisation and illness which resulted in a large amount of last minute cancellations & refunds ...what a nightmare!! Even though most of my loyal regulars returned, I've noticed a decrease in new clients and bookings overall.

I keep seeing salons and therapists say they're gearing up for the 'busy' season. Where as April was my first decline ever, and May is looking like it'll be similar. I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing a drop too, or whether it's just me?? I'm a bit worried. x

Last edited:
April was a dead month for me which I expected anyway! School holidays in our area were all at different times, and lots of people go away on holiday for Easter or don't have much money because of holidays/entertaining the kids/ spring cleaning and re-vamping their house and garden ready for summer. I took a nice break in April because I anticipated the decline in clients and enjoyed myself!

Now that it's May I've gotten back into it and the clients are starting to flood in again, I've sent marketing emails and created my summer packages which people have already bought. Just continue to remind people that you're there and up and running after your time off in hospital x

Latest posts

Back