Going from home salon to renting a shop

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlalouise

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I've been looking at moving my home salon onto the high street as I've started losing a few bookings due to people wanting to come together for treatments and I've just not got the room, I would also like to expand and I just can't do that where I am.

I've found a lovely shop in a nice area with plenty of parking, it also ticks the box's regarding the space I need now and later when I expand.

I do Shellac, Minx etc but I don't do nail enhancements, what I would like to know or have your opinion on - should I employ someone, even though I don't know how much custom I will get or should I rent a desk??

I would like help with the phone and manning the front of the shop but feel you cannot dictate this to a self employed person even though I see a lot of advertisements asking for self employed Beauticians / Nail technicians but trying from word go to treat them like they're employed.

I would love to know how you all started out and what worked best for you.

Hi

I have gone from home to a high street salon, I am currently working alone but have plans for someone to come and work for me on a self employed basis but commission based. She will be using my products etc and in turn I will get a percentage of the work she does.

I will expect her to chip in and answer the phone if I am busy and she is not etc. I don't think this is unreasonable.

HTH's and good luck x

Latest posts

Back