Going Natural

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
What's the best way to treat a natural nail that has been ruined by a bad tek and bad products?

More and more people are 'taking a break' from acrylics. However, their own nails are full of ridges and are paper thin.

So, if a client says that they want to nourish and grow their own nails, what's the best treatment and how often?

Hi Kimmi

my own nails are ruined from pratising on them and have soaked them all off togo natural. I am doing a combination of toughen up to strengthen, a couple of coats of polish to protect and top coat and am using AHA cuticle eraser and solar oil of an evening as a powerpack to help nourish and promote growth and healthy cells.

with any luck i will have beautiful talons soon.

HTH

Hi Kimmi,

I get a few new clients coming to me every week with nails that look like they've been in a chain saw masacre! The deep ridges that are a U shape are usually caused by bad use of an electric file during infills, they look so ugly and sore.
Most of these clients are coming to me to have a new set of enhancements applied. As long as there isn't too much damage then I apply L&P and use flawless pink to cover these ugly lines.
Unfortunately there's no way to get rid of these lines on the natural nail, we just have to wait for them to grow out.
The products that I recommend to these clients if they're not having enhancements again are OPI nail envy, I really do rate this product, also solar oil massaged into the nail and surrounding skin twice daily. I'll also book them in for a course of manicures, usually the solar manicure and maybe some paraffin wax.
You could also retail some big sticks so that they can go back to the tech that ruined their nails and hit them round the head with it LOL. I think this could be a best seller LOL xxx

heavenly said:
Hi Kimmi,

You could also retail some big sticks so that they can go back to the tech that ruined their nails and hit them round the head with it LOL. I think this could be a best seller LOL xxx

PMSL.................Love it.

Love the advice too so I'll be ordering some Nail Envy. Cheers. x

Kimmi Rocks said:

.....and some sticks x

Kimmi Rocks said:

Kimmi.... you dont have to order Nail Envy ... its available from Boots... it is mine anyway!

i get mine from sally's - cheaper than boots and they sometimes do kits
Glorsclaws said:
Kimmi.... you dont have to order Nail Envy ... its available from Boots... it is mine anyway!

Nail Envy is half the price in my local wholesalers than it is in boots. It's a great product. I usually only recommend CND products to my clients but this really is very good x

I have found when I have been particularly bad at picking my own nails that the best thing for instant repair of the surface and an instant feeling of smoothness and rigidity is to apply 2 coatsof BOND from the fabric# system.

BOND is a very thin viscosity EC REsin which bonds instantly to the nail plate and is so thin that it literaly soaks into it which gives the natural nail some bulk right away without waiting for the natural nail to grow. BOND never chips or peels either. This is a terrific instant remedy for damaged nails.

Thanks for that Geeg I will try that my nails could do with a helping hand, does this need any sort of primer with it or do i just scrubfresh and apply
x

Jessica do a really good treatment, called restoration.

I have the Fabric# system loads of times when doing natural nail repairs on myself or when I want to strengthen my own natural nail. I haven't used a primer - just scrubfresh and away you go. As Gigi said, it is a brilliant and versatile system - ideal for natural nail overlays.

scattyfox said:
Thanks for that Geeg I will try that my nails could do with a helping hand, does this need any sort of primer with it or do i just scrubfresh and apply
x

Just ScrubçFresh and apply but only BOND nothing else. Then smooth slightly using a girlfriend or 3 way buffer of your choice. BOND just becomes part of the nail and they instantly look better and feel better too.

totally agree with Geeg, I found this rather by trial than me being clever!!!!!
I put a couple of layers of bond on my massacred right hand, (I'm left handed and ruined my right hand through practice), and two weeks later it's still going strong.
I'm a constant picker, never bitten my nails, but can't stop fiddling with them,,,, tell you what,,,,,,,,,,can't believe Geegs a picker!!!!
Christine

geeg said:
I have found when I have been particularly bad at picking my own nails that the best thing for instant repair of the surface and an instant feeling of smoothness and rigidity is to apply 2 coatsof BOND from the fabric# system.

BOND is a very thin viscosity EC REsin which bonds instantly to the nail plate and is so thin that it literaly soaks into it which gives the natural nail some bulk right away without waiting for the natural nail to grow. BOND never chips or peels either. This is a terrific instant remedy for damaged nails.

Sounds like just the thing I'm looking for. Do you buff it down before you apply a new lot? Does it need to be soaked off ever?

Latest posts

Back