Gone mobile been on a high and now on a low

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruc123

Reaction score
:cry: hi im wanting some advise ive built up about 30 clients over couple of months through word of month had some busy weeks, and all of a sudden ive done a huge advertising drop and not heard a thing its only been a week but ive got only one booking for next week and starting to panick any advice? I just feel on a bit of a downer as I really dont want to back to full time work i need to earn about 100 pound a week till next year were i need to make about 200 is this possible or have I put my hope us too far!?

Hiya dont be to disheartened 30 customers in 2 months is a great start, are you getting them to rebook or ask them to recommend you to their friends. On reading other posts I think october can be a quiet month just get yourself ready for the party season. Chin up xx
Posted via Mobile Device

I think 30 clients in 2 months is a great achievement. I hope I've got that many clients in 2 months.

As classychick said, other posts suggest this is a quiet time.
Posted via Mobile Device

get a free website on webs.com, get that on google maps FREE!!
this is a big help to me!
also local paper its only around a tenner!!
facebook, myspace, bebo!
family. get them to tell everyone they bump into that your mobile, also do some freebies on your sister/cousins/mum/nan, then they can recommend your work and show the potential customer your work!!
don't worry you'll be fine come november for the xmas rush!!
you've done a great job already!! xxx:hug:

thats great advice thankyou ive done all the google stuff free adverts and got a website dont think i can do much more, ive done a loyalty scheme when clients rebook ive tried everything i just hope it all falls in to place!!:Grope:

Very well done on the last couple of months! Are you booking your clients in for their next appointment before you leave them? Don't be shy about this. Just get your diary out and ask them if they would like to make sure they can book in their next appointment when they want it. This is good customer service! I have been at this for lots of years and you will end up like me, being booked for the next year in advance. The first thing I do when I get my new diary is book in all my regulars!

Making the money you are talking about is fairly easily achieved, you should be able to get that up to around £300 a week in a year or so!

If you have the mobile numbers of the clients you have already been to then why not text them, or, if you are brave enough, ring them to see if they would like to rebook? What have you got to lose? Women are busy and just forget to book appointments, they mean to, then something else happens and the idea gets lost!

Another thing to do is to give each client 3 business cards for their friends. They will happily hand them out if they are pleased with their treatments. So much better than a number being written on a scrap of paper and then lost.

Good luck and keep in touch with how you are getting on! :)

Hun dont worry things will pick up. I am mobile and work in a spa and both fronts are really quiet at the moment. This is usually a quiet month.
Just remember it for the same time next year and maybe put on a offer lets say in august for eg a facial. If they buy a facial in august they will get one half price in October. Get them to pay for it then.
Chin up chick! Dont stop advertising though! xxx

Hey hon, i wouldnt feel too disheartened, its quiet times for everyone i think, have you kept ur advertising up & maybe done some kind of Halloween promo of some sort? I know someone who got some of her friends to help her do a wine & nibbles day (you know what people r like with free food etc hehe) & put on a good "buy something get something" day eg: set of extensions get nail art free (something fast & simple?) with raffles & games, maybe sounds mad but the girls round here love games & freebies etc, gets u a good rapour so to speak! sorry if you think im nuts but i always find you have to spend money to make money!?!? Good Luck hon xx

thats great ta geeks! ive had a phonecall today off advert even though she didnt book in she told me she would keep my number for future ive put another advert in for november so fingers crossed i'll pick up! Its a relief to know that its quiet every were its just taken me so long to pluck up the courage to go mobile ive spent loads on it and wouldnt want to fail!!:lol:

Latest posts

Back