Google places help-driving me crazy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GirlyGeek

Reaction score
I know this is probably a long shot but it is driving me NUTS!

I registered with google places months ago ... got my verification code through etc. but I only appear if you specifically search "salon name / town I'm in" ... if you search " hairdressers / town I'm in" or "salons / town I'm in" etc. etc. I don't come up at all.

Some searches don't return anything at all for my location and some return the hairdressers that used to be here before me.

I've tried looking on my google+ thing and it doesn't give me a way to change or edit it. I've tried looking on the google help forum thing but I just keep going round in circles.

Does anybody know what I can do to change it?

P.S - I'm sorry if that explanation isn't the best. I'm not quite sure how best to put it into words.

You can't do anything to change it. I called up to ask google, it's based on popularity in the same way websites are..

All you can do is give it time. Mine shows as position A now (before it didn't show) it took quite a few months to get there but it naturally shifted up. It depends how many clicks your google places listing has.

as above. Based on your website and SEO Basically.

That's infuriating. How's it ever going to get more clicks and popularity if A] I'm not showing up in the search and B] the old hairdressers details are getting all the clicks >.<

Stupid Google! lol. It's so irritating.

Just to clarify: I don't mean that I don't appear in the top few where the names come up. I mean the red dot doesn't appear on my location at all no matter how close you zoom up on that area - and the few times the red dot does appear it appears with the details of the old hairdresser.

Is that what you all mean to? If there's no way to fix that then that's just stupid!!!!!

How long ago did you do it? It does take time- Can you edit the listing? Or call google?

Got ya. When was it updated. Google can take up to 3 months to update something. Great aye? lol. Call them. See what they say.

About 4/5 months ago.
Can't figure out how to edit the listing. If I go onto the google+ page to edit it there all the information is correct from what I can see.

I didn't realise you could call google. Think it's wound me up to the point I've forgotten common sense haha. Will try that now.

Thanks a lot! :)

Latest posts

Back