Grey hair??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreax

Reaction score
morning, hi ive got a client whos 100% grey, at the moment she has around the colour 8/3. She now wants to go to a high lift colour 12/89 in wella kp. New customer and i haven't done grey hair for ages!
I'm needing advice please desperately....
where do i start, have i got to get rid of the 8/3 with bleach bath?
what peroxide do i use, i know to cover grey its 6%, but because its high lift colour this is where its confusing me, oh and also do i have to mix 12 base shade?

I know I sound like I really dont know what im doing, but its just grey hair, I dont have a lot of experience in colouring grey!

Thanks in advance xx

Highlift tints wont work with grey hair, the highest you can go is 9.
If a grey client wats to be brighter, I would apply the 9 with whatever tones she wants then go in with highlights.

i would do the same do a 9 line with tone and put some highlight in it.Let your client know whats achievable with her being so grey.So she doesnt expect a different result,and then you can relax whilst doing it and not worry!

Invest in a grey range like matrix dream age, takes all the hard work out of grey hair :) pick a shade, mix with 20vol and it pre softens, colours and covers 100% grey thanks to its double pigmented pre mixed bases :) x

Does the dream age show as a double on the numbers or say for example client wanted a regular 8cg would just choosing 8cg from the dream age range be the same thing, or is it a 88cg? Xoxo

Does the dream age show as a double on the numbers or say for example client wanted a regular 8cg would just choosing 8cg from the dream age range be the same thing, or is it a 88cg? Xoxo

It comes up as a normal one would not double, but it covers all grey! It really is very clever range x

And they match the regular shades? X

And they match the regular shades? X

The tones come out richer but bases are not double, just pre mixed so if you put 6m on it knows the hair is grey: white so it puts in red tone before the shade tone, of that makes sense? Too early lol x

The tones come out richer but bases are not double, just pre mixed so if you put 6m on it knows the hair is grey: white so it puts in red tone before the shade tone, of that makes sense? Too early lol x

Bluerinse, I've been following your replies, always to the point and clear ! This matrix range for grey sound really good, hoe does it work on say 50% how does it look on the nat coloured hair that's mixed in ? Xxx

Bluerinse, I've been following your replies, always to the point and clear ! This matrix range for grey sound really good, hoe does it work on say 50% how does it look on the nat coloured hair that's mixed in ? Xxx

Ah thats really good! i try to be as exact as i can, for 50% i'd always try your normally range first as there are great and designed for upto 50% too, ive got one lady i do and i only use 10vol!! but dream age would work fine it would be a beautiful rich colour :) if u add me on FB i've got some swatches of the new shades and that is exactly how they come out! the camera hasnt change the colour one bit! xx

6rb love it ! X

Thanks everyone for your replies! I should of known that highlift colours wasnt going to work...so I went with 99/0 + 9/38 and did the 12/81 in highlights.

She was absolutely delighted with it and I must say it looked gorgeous.

Thanks again and thanks for not slating me for not knowing what I really should of :o :) xx

Latest posts

Back