Grrr clients!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluerinse

Reaction score
One of my regular clients I've done for over 2 years every 4 weeks was booked in yesterday and didn't turn up which was out of the ordinary, so I left it till just when I knew she would be at home and she said you didn't cut my hair very nice last time!!!

I did what she wanted, the way I cut it was suitable for her hair type, it's fine but lots of it and she wanted to keep length but more choppy so it would spike easier, so I sliced through it, any advice where i might have gone wrong or is she just saying that as an excuse?

usually after 2 yrs of doing that persons hair every month you would know it so well i doubt you have gone wrong .. shes maybe skint and doesnt want to say .. or shes asked you for it , and then shes hasnt liked it, she might have thought in her head she wanted it a certain way but when its done then they dont like it ..
i wouldnt worry too much hunny , you cant please everyone all the time xx

usually after 2 yrs of doing that persons hair every month you would know it so well i doubt you have gone wrong .. shes maybe skint and doesnt want to say .. or shes asked you for it , and then shes hasnt liked it, she might have thought in her head she wanted it a certain way but when its done then they dont like it ..

This is true it's just such a shock!! First time ever someone has complained/commented like this! I'm trying to pick myself off the floor currently lol hmmm vodka I think xx

Yep I agree I think clients sometime choose a style they like on someone else or they picture it deferent and when they don't like it we are just the easy option for blame Hun, don't beat yourself up xx

Its strange she would make such a comment after 2yrs i just dont get it.
Its not only that if she asks you to cut her hair in the future, you will probably feel a bit uneasy about it, wondering if she is going to like her cut, even if she picks the style herself, sometimes I wish I was a shrink so I could worked people out a bit more. Folks can be so complicated.

Funny thing is, she made her appointment for Tuesday, phoned last week to change it for we'd! Then didn't turn up!! And gave this comment when I phoned! Puts doubt into my mind about my skills as a stylist!

I had the same thing with a client of two years , when I text her to confirm the appointment for the next day she replied saying actually I wanna cancel as didn't like the way u cut my hair last couple of times!
I was well upset about it and like u started doubting myself , but just remind ur self how often has this happened..... Proberly never and remind ur self how many happy clients u do have !
Like someone else said u can't please all the people all the time, I myself have had haircuts and not liked them there's nothing wrong with them it's just not what I had visioned it to look like lol
Chin up! X

Don't worry about it too much, some people don't like change and she probably had an image in her head but didn't describe what she wanted properly. We are not mind readers are we lol like Dee said, you can't please everyone all the time xx

That sounds really odd! I'm sure that after cutting her hair for so long she would have surely told you at her next appointment if she wasnt so happy the last time, wouldn't she? Dont doubt yourself or your skills, ill bet she's just having money issues or something and is too embarrassed to say...
xxx

Some people are just damn rude! Maybe it wasn't the cut maybe it's the fact some clients expect you to be a magician and so after a cut they expect to just wash their hair, leave it not bother styling it and look like Cheryl cole! if they don't look like Cheryl cole then it must be the hairdressers fault!!!
I wouldn't worry some people just like to be awkward or make a point! Sometimes they just fancy a change of stylist!

My guess is that she is skint, and had to find a cheaper stylist. Really dont sweat it.

Lets face it, in normal life, would YOU be that blunt and nasty? I doubt it. She sounds like she has other problems, and you were the cat that got kicked.

Chin up xx

Thank you all, I've slept on it and I feel a lot better about things.

still doesn't stop me from wanting to slap the OH who is a mechanic and just doesn't get that when someone goes elsewhere it feels like abit of a dig at us as every haircut we do is a little piece of us! That make sense?

But thank you all once again! I'm bouncing and ready to go today! ::lick::D

Hey dont sweat it sounds like complete bull to me if you didnt like your hair you certainly wouldnt book in again!!!
I know we take pride in our work and get the biggest buzz from a happy client , but dont take these comments to heart.
I personally would sigh in relief as to lose a a client who can play such head games with you is NO loss.:hug:

Glad you are feeling better about it.. Sounds like crap to me.. It's hard to take it personally. X

Yep it sounds like she may have just found a cheaper deal but let's face it she will probably be sacrificing good quality for a cheaper hair cut. Don't worry about it she'll probably come back to you in a few months and ask you to fix someone else's mess!!!x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

still doesn't stop me from wanting to slap the OH who is a mechanic and just doesn't get that when someone goes elsewhere it feels like abit of a dig at us as every haircut we do is a little piece of us! That make sense?

Totally get you my hubby is in the army and when I first had a mobile client as nervous as I already was his comfort was "just don't fk it up" yep thanks pal great advice lol he's so sensitive :o lol xx

I can relate to that one! Lol partner is a firefighter and mechanic and he just dont get it lol

Some1 already said what I was going to say, when they imagine a style their face shape and everything changes in their heads to fit the style, you do it lovely and then they get home and can't re create it as they have chosen something too hard their skills, and they never explain enough, so we have to do what we can with the info we get, it's not your fault if you do her description and it's nothing like the idea they had. It's like some1 saying it I want it short and choppy and sliced into like there's no tomorrow, but really they wanted it touch and blunt.

Just ignore it and make a list of the customers who would snog you for how happy they are, that list will WAY out do the unhappy list xoxo

Latest posts

Back