Hair color keeps fading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elizabethm4

Reaction score
My client is a natural level 7 with blonde highlights. We have been working towards a level 5 shadow root, but the color keeps fading quickly. The last time we used a 5 with a splash of 4 and she still noticed fading within a week. What am I doing wrong? Or what can I do to keep the color in her hair?

What products is your client using to wash her hair with?

What's her aftercare routine?

What products is your client using to wash her hair with?
She is using Redken Color Magnetics shampoo and conditioner, and alternating with Matrix Brass Off shampoo to keep her blonde ends cool toned.

What's her aftercare routine?
She washes her hair with Redken Color Magnetics and alternates with Matrix Brass Off shampoo. She said she uses different styling products depending on what she's doing with her hair that day, but they are all professional salon products.

Have you tried another colour line on her? Some peoples hair takes better to different colour lines.
Also what peroxide are you using? A semi, demi or permanent?
Does she go swimming or anything?

Have you tried another colour line on her? Some peoples hair takes better to different colour lines.
Also what peroxide are you using? A semi, demi or permanent?
Does she go swimming or anything?
I'm using Clairol permanent color with 10 vol. she doesn't swim at all.

Have you tried a true demi or semi permanent? I always use them as they last longer over previously treated hair

Have you tried a true demi or semi permanent? I always use them as they last longer over previously treated hair
I will give that a try!

Latest posts

Back