Hair dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tan1995

Reaction score
So I have blonde hair which I dyed, using directions hair dye, blue purple and pink once I had washed it for the past month I got sick of the green colour and washed out as much as I could with washing up liquid. I used adore copper red to cover the green as I tried to dye brown over green in the past and it did not work.the red was to neutralise the green but I would like my hair to be golden brown is there any way of doing this without stripping the colour or bleaching as it is none permanent

Visit a good colourist and let them do some strand tests to see how damaged your hair is.

Visit a good colourist and let them do some strand tests to see how damaged your hair is.
I've got quiet damaged hair as I dye it quiet a lot it's very thin and I do hair masks every week and a hot oil treatment every 2 weeks which seems to help reduce the frizzy and breakage

Please don't use washing up liquid to remove hair colour. You may as well wash your hair with perm solution as it has a similar pH and will destroy the cuticle layer! Once the cuticle layer is damaged, its irreparable and the only solution is to cut it off above the damaged section.

Please don't use washing up liquid to remove hair colour. You may as well wash your hair with perm solution as it has a similar pH and will destroy the cuticle layer! Once the cuticle layer is damaged, its irreparable and the only solution is to cut it off above the damaged section.
It hasn't damaged my hair and it's the only easiest way to remove the non permanent hair colour I used a hair mask straight after and only used it once besides a few hair dressers recommended it as I didn't want to bleach or use a harmful colour stripper

Latest posts

Back