Hair extension help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsSlim

Reaction score
Hello,
I've popped over from beauty.
I've been getting extensions for 8 years now, usually just get clip ins.
I had a weave put in last year for over Xmas using Sleek Remi hair and it was great, lasted around 3 months.
I had LA Weave done 4 weeks ago again using Remi hair and it's gone awful!
It's tangled within minutes, it feels dry and hard to style.
I always do good aftercare, use sulphate free shampoo and conditioner, heat defence sprays, only wash the extensions every 8-10 days.
Is there anything I can do to try and salvage it a little?
Thanks x

Macadamia deep conditioner is good at reviving hair, though do you not think not washing it for 10 days makes it cardboardy due to buildup?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Macadamia deep conditioner is good at reviving hair, though do you not think not washing it for 10 days makes it cardboardy due to buildup?

I was told to only wash it every 8-10 days.. I wash the top section every other day.
I've washed my full head twice in 5 days and it's still the same, I will get some Macadamia though, you can get that Ellisons can't you? X

Definately from capital, not sure about ellisons i got an extra 3 or 4 weeks out of non remy hair with it once after id turned it to a birdsnest by accident (used pantene on it :eek:) and try blow drying the oil into it too so theres a coating, i found curling it helped as it couldnt bunch up then and i ddnt touch it much and plaitted it at night all helps.

( Hmm 8-10 days between washes is almost admitting it wont last well :/ )

You should be able to wash the hair every 3/4 days and it still last 3-4 months, the hair i use is indian remy and i use it on myself too and it last well and i wash it twice a week.
You can get bad batches of hair so might be worth asking the place you got it from to take a look and possibly test the hair and replace it if they think its a bad batch x

Thank you so much for both your help and advice I really appreciate it!
X

As the girls have mentioned above, you need to be washing the hair more often, 2-3 times per week is what i advise my customers. if your still having trouble styling it after washing the weave more often have your stylist check over the hair and get her opinion on the quality

Latest posts

Back