Hair Extension Training, advice needed??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GEMMA20S

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Need advice on another course now, i am not a qualified hairdresser but i did a habia approved course in pre bonded hair extensions about 3 years ago, i only did it to do on friends and family with the prospect of going mobile in the future, i did a couple of full head extensions but they had a few come out in the first 2 weeks probably about 4 to 10 bonds each this really knocked my confidence so i decided i did not to continue to go mobile, it has now been about a year since i did my last full head of extensions, but now i really want to go back into it and go mobile.

I still remember the technique and how to do them but i am now thinking of doing a refresher course with a reputable company.

Do any of you guys know a reputable company to do a refresher course with?

Also do you think not being a qualified hairdresser and going mobile as a hair extension technician is wise?

Is there any mobile Hair extension technicians out there, who make a good living from doing them without being a qualified hairdresser?

Sorry to rabble on all comments appreciated.

anybody please???

Hi Guys

Need advice on another course now, i am not a qualified hairdresser but i did a habia approved course in pre bonded hair extensions about 3 years ago, i only did it to do on friends and family with the prospect of going mobile in the future, i did a couple of full head extensions but they had a few come out in the first 2 weeks probably about 4 to 10 bonds each this really knocked my confidence so i decided i did not to continue to go mobile, it has now been about a year since i did my last full head of extensions, but now i really want to go back into it and go mobile.

I still remember the technique and how to do them but i am now thinking of doing a refresher course with a reputable company.

Do any of you guys know a reputable company to do a refresher course with?

Also do you think not being a qualified hairdresser and going mobile as a hair extension technician is wise?

Is there any mobile Hair extension technicians out there, who make a good living from doing them without being a qualified hairdresser?

Sorry to rabble on all comments appreciated.

There are many great extension technicians who work mobile, and i think the fact that you want to "refresh" your training before you go back into it is very responsible and wise!!! Have you contacted your initial training company to see if they offer a refresher course? Not sure if a different company would do a refresher course with you so may be worth calling around. I trained with Lush Us Uk and notice they have a date in Birmingham booked in July! Might be worth calling them - if you have all of the equipment and don't need a full kit maybe other companies won't charge you the full amount? Good luck and remember it takes time to gain experience so don't let a few mishaps knock your confidence, as sometimes with extensions it isnt always the technician's fault lol xx

Hi thanks for responding

I have contacted my initial training company ( i did 1 to 1 training and the lady who trained me came to my house in brum 3 years ago) who have advised they do a refresher course but i would have to go to london as i live in Birmingham this is a bit far, so i have managed to secure a place with a birmingham based academy, who is more than happy to do a refresher course with me, which i feel will probably be better for me as my initial training i feel was a bit rushed as the lady who trained me was late arriving and didnt feel completey satisfied, which is my fault really as i should of said something.

I have looked at lush us uk, what is there hair like? There prices seem reasonable?
I may look at purchasing hair from them in the future.

Thanks again for your response x

Hi thanks for responding

I have contacted my initial training company ( i did 1 to 1 training and the lady who trained me came to my house in brum 3 years ago) who have advised they do a refresher course but i would have to go to london as i live in Birmingham this is a bit far, so i have managed to secure a place with a birmingham based academy, who is more than happy to do a refresher course with me, which i feel will probably be better for me as my initial training i feel was a bit rushed as the lady who trained me was late arriving and didnt feel completey satisfied, which is my fault really as i should of said something.

I have looked at lush us uk, what is there hair like? There prices seem reasonable?
I may look at purchasing hair from them in the future.

Thanks again for your response x
Thats good news. Hopefully you will refresh on a live model so that you can be sure and confident in your ability. I have used lush us mostly for the last 4 years. I've used other companies if Lush have been out of stock but really struggle to beat their quality for price!!! As always with extensions find yourself some great aftercare products and make sure your clients use them, as most problems you find once you're out there fitting are down to aftercare, or should I say lack of it!! Good Luck xx

Hiya, my friends used surrey hair academy. x

Latest posts

Back