Hair extensions and not a hairdresser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanilla

Reaction score
Hi Geek,

I'm a level 3 beauty therapist. I trained in micro rings few years back and am now looking to start doing hair extensions.

My course didn't include much cutting. As a result I don't feel confident cutting, blending extensions. I trained in micro rings and fusion. Are these still the most popular methods?

Im looking for a hair cutting course. Can anyone recommend any? Are any Geeks just trained in hair extensions, are you busy? I have thought of training in hair also.

Hi I did the same thing when I was about 14 but I wasn't qualified as a hairdresser in NVQ which means you cannot get insured to do extensions sadly, and the most popular methods I have come across lately are micro rings, nano and tape.

You can get insurance for just hair extensions because I have it.

You can get insurance for just hair extensions because I have it.
Can you really? Because I tried to get insured a few months ago and they declined me because I am not qualified. Do you have any companies I can use

My insurance is through the training company I did the hair extensions course with unless you trained with them I don't think you can use that insurance. Have you tired ABT or Salon gold?

I haven't but
My insurance is through the training company I did the hair extensions course with unless you trained with them I don't think you can use that insurance. Have you tired ABT or Salon gold?
I haven't but I'll have a look I understand I'll have to retrain which I don't fancy doing though

Micro rings and Fusion are the most popular method of hair extensions till now.

Hey,,,, I'm in the same situation as you. I completed a Micro Ring Course and dont feel like im giving my clients a full professional service. Id like to know how to cut/blend extensions also as this wasn't taught on my course. Surely there must be something out there? I maybe too old to go back to college. im 32 :-/ xX

You have to be a fully qualified hairdresser to be insured for hair extensions with salon gold. I would imagine the same for ABT.

Towergate offer extension insurance for non hairdressers

Have a look within your area to see if there are any cutting courses or add on courses at extension training academies etc

You cut extensions different to natural hair and you must not cut/blend the natural hair if you are not a hairdresser.

I am trained in all methods and find the braidless weave, tapes and mini tips are most popular but its always good to get to grips with keratin bonds so you can customise those for finer haired/difficult clients.

Latest posts

Back