Hair extensions falling out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teenyx

Reaction score
Sorry another hair extensions question!

I've had my extensions in for about a month now (keratin bonds) and 2nights ago I was straightening my hair and noticed a longer bit of hair, I found the strand and the bond was further down my hair than the rest. Bad I know but I snipped the longer strand just so it didn't look odd. I just thought I had maybe caught the bond in my straighteners.

Anyway next morning I was doing my hair and the bit of hair was longer again! Either 1. My extensions are magical and grow lol or 2 the bond had moved again. It just slid out my hair.

Now this morning doing my hair and another bond has come out. Should this be happening? My extensions aren't goin to last 3 months if a bond a day is falling out!

Any advice geeks?

X

Have you had maintainance if you have had them in a month already?

Laura x

No the girl has been on holiday and only just back yesterday.

Then you need to contact her and book in for maintainance and she can rectify any issues you are having.

Laura x

Are you accidentally heating the bonds up and melting them with your hair straighteners? Always straighten or curl hair at least 3" down from where bonds are?

hope this helps:biggrin:

Are you accidentally heating the bonds up and melting them with your hair straighteners? Always straighten or curl hair at least 3" down from where bonds are?

hope this helps:biggrin:

Yeah I just caught that one because it was further down than the rest :)

Are you using the correct shampoo and conditioner?

I've brought that up in another thread as I was told to use Aussie hair care but it doesn't (and never has) agree with my own hair (I find it dries it out quite a lot). I have various hair extensionists on facebook and looking on their pages they all recommended the l'oreal hair expertise sulphate free range.

I did ask after installation for the after care pack that was advertised but she didn't have any and I was told aussie would be ok to use.

I've brought that up in another thread as I was told to use Aussie hair care but it doesn't (and never has) agree with my own hair (I find it dries it out quite a lot). I have various hair extensionists on facebook and looking on their pages they all recommended the l'oreal hair expertise sulphate free range.

I did ask after installation for the after care pack that was advertised but she didn't have any and I was told aussie would be ok to use.

You should use Sulphate free Shampoo and conditioner especially made for extensions. Any extensionist should know this information already and advise you of this at consultation. I purchase my own and sell these to clients for their hair. Some chose not to use it but that is up to them, but it invalidates the hair warranty.

Aussie shampoo, as far as I am aware, is not in any way shape or form right for hair extensions. I've not seen the ingredients list for the loreal shampoo so can't comment on that. Generally if it's OTC products it's not right.

Do you know what supplier your hair is from?

I didn't think it was a particularly good brand to use which is why I looked for something else. I don't know what supplier the hair is from.

I didn't think it was a particularly good brand to use which is why I looked for something else. I don't know what supplier the hair is from.

There are a few suppliers that you would be able to buy the products from directly as a consumer (I believe).

I would not recommend X-10 - it's awful stuff and doesn't do extensions any good. If I remember rightly I used Racoon stuff on mine that I had earlier this year.

Just did a quick google and this site sells it

http://www.wantthelook.com/shop/brands/Extensions/6528

But realistically your extensionist should be able to get you shampoo & conditioner from wherever she bought the hair from on your behalf. There are other companies like studio58 and hair port by valentine that sell aftercare products.

I would question your extensionist though. Aussie stuff defo is not a recommended product.

Hope this is some help.

I think aussie is an urban myth gone crazy, crazy I tell you!!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think aussie is an urban myth gone crazy, crazy I tell you!!
YA
Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lol!

I love the smell of the Aussie range but it's absolutely awful on my natural hair!

totally agree also try balmains shampoo range soz dont have link not that good with computers i was trained with them and after care including wot products to use is a must defo ring who put them in for u keep the ones that have come out and ask her to replace them x
i also check with any of my clients to see how they getting on with what ever they have had done x

You should use products that are sulphate free, and just like everyone else has said, don't get any oils, conditioners or heat on your bonds as they'll slip. It could just be that your extensionists hasn't rolled your bonds properly but if you've only had two slip out, slipping can be normal if only a few have slipped so if you keep getting constant slipping contact her and tell her. Sorry I don't do the keratin bonds, but I hope I've helped.

You should use products that are sulphate free, and just like everyone else has said, don't get any oils, conditioners or heat on your bonds as they'll slip. It could just be that your extensionists hasn't rolled your bonds properly but if you've only had two slip out, slipping can be normal if only a few have slipped so if you keep getting constant slipping contact her and tell her. Sorry I don't do the keratin bonds, but I hope I've helped.

I've tried to be really careful with my hair. I had heard that its normal to lose a couple of bonds but it was just because it was one day after another. I've had no other problems with them at all (apart from feeling I don't have enough).

I asked on facebook about using the l'oreal sulphate free range and a few extensionists recommended it. I will keep the specific extension range in mind for when I run out.

I googled using aussie on extensions and every result said it was good for them but it hates my hair lol

Thanks for all the opinions and advice! X

Latest posts

Back