Hair extensions + head lice - Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divadebs

Reaction score
hello, i have hair extensions and i LOVE them, i domt wamt to take them out but i have caught headlice from my kids, any ideas on treating without removing extensions???
pls help im desperate

To be honest the only products that work are Derbac and Lyclear, both of which I would think will wreck your extensions, plus you need to comb the eggs and lice out with a nit comb which you won't be able to do with the extensions in.

I also heard a horror story recently that a last caught nits with extensions and they lived within the bonds laying eggs and breeding when the bonds were crushed her head was alive. That alone would make me want them out. How long have you had them in for?

Sorry, you are gonna have to take them out, treat the lice, then once you are certain that everyone in your household is all clear, get them re applied. What a nightmare for you. xx

Thanks for the advice girls, think I should def have them out. Shame :0( spent such a lot of money on them.

Latest posts

Back