Hair geek help please-shampoo, etc.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emulan

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am hoping that a hair geek could help me out - as you will tell from my totally un techy language I am defiantly not a hair pro - basically I have long , straightish, very fair hair naturally and have highlights with highlight colour and I think bleach (told you im no pro!) the end result is not quite platinum but very cool and heading that way - basically I wondered if anyone could recommend a good shampoo and conditioner and a weekly (?) toning shampoo/treatment. I have asked my hairdresser but the salon she works at retails one range so she recommended me the best from that range, but I would like to use the best products not just the best from the range that salon retails - if that makes sense, I spend a lot of money on my hair and want to protect the fab job my hairdresser does by using the right products at home, any help would be gratefully appreciated xx

Its matter of opinion and your hair itself really. What range do they sell? I think you should trust your stylist tbh x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for your response, I do trust her implicitly it's just that she is tied in to recommending the products that the salon retail which her employer chose, which I totally understand but I just wondered if anyone had found a range or product that they found particularly good on that colour hair that I could compare, off the top of my head I think it's loreal but would need to check to be sure x

Loreal is good you should give it a try. I use kerestase which is loreal... couldnt recommend any though as i dont know the products. Just use what my hairdresser recommends for me x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

When u say a toning shampoo what would you like to get to? More platinum?

Hi kahuna, yes please, I've noticed some parts going golder and would like to keep it more platinum x

You just need a silver shampoo, almost every professional range will have one, the actual shampoo is purple in the bottle, it's the purple that neutralises the gold tones in your hair, loreal do do a silver shampoo but I'm not sure exactly what it is called, for a treatment go with the one mentioned above (keratesse I think) I've heared good feedback about it :)

Brilliant thanks so much kahuna x

Hello All,
I am hoping that a hair geek could help me out - as you will tell from my totally un techy language I am defiantly not a hair pro - basically I have long , straightish, very fair hair naturally and have highlights with highlight colour and I think bleach (told you im no pro!) the end result is not quite platinum but very cool and heading that way - basically I wondered if anyone could recommend a good shampoo and conditioner and a weekly (?) toning shampoo/treatment. I have asked my hairdresser but the salon she works at retails one range so she recommended me the best from that range, but I would like to use the best products not just the best from the range that salon retails - if that makes sense, I spend a lot of money on my hair and want to protect the fab job my hairdresser does by using the right products at home, any help would be gratefully appreciated xx

Can't say it is the best, I use these alongside each other. Australian Tea Tree Shampoo & Conditioner and alongside it I use Pro Naturals Hair Repair System. Combination works great for my hair. Don't know anything about the toning shampoo/treatment, apologies.

Last edited:
With shampoos and conditioners, you need to choose one that works for your hair type. For instance, if it's dry, you might need a moisturising range or if you have lots of damage, you might need a protein based product.

Kerastase is a great range and highly recommended. Definitely one of my preferred brands over Wella, Goldwell, TiGi etc.

Kevin Murphy blond angel wash is a gorgeous product. There is a blond angel treatment conditioner to work alongside it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

It really all depends on your hair type tbh! Yes it's coloured hair but if we advise you on a heavy conditioner for a weekly treatment you may end up with greasy hair if it's naturally oily? And if your hair isn't dry it won't need a heavy treatment.

I like redken but I've only used the extreme range when my hair was in really bad condition.

I personally really love the osmo deep conditioning treatment.

It's also hard to find a silver shampoo for your hair, I was using Schwarzkopf for ages only because it was Schwarzkopf , and It did nothing for my hair, yet it worked for a girl I know. I'm still searching for the perfect silver shampoo :( xx

Sorry have been off line for a while so only just read your replies thanks so much you've all been really helpful xx

I've heard from other stylist and clients that the osmo silver shampoo is brilliant x

I highly recommend the Fudge Violet shampoo. It's absolutely fab. Although if your hair is porous, it might grab a little and look lilacy x

Osmo silver really is fab, I used to retail it before I moved over to goldwell, it's very reasonably priced too

I highly recommend the Fudge Violet shampoo. It's absolutely fab. Although if your hair is porous, it might grab a little and look lilacy x
. They do treatment too don't they for blondes? In a lilac coloured sachet?

The Matrix So Silver Is Brilliant . . . :)

Latest posts

Back