Hair gone bad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgie1989123

Reaction score
I had waist length, very dark blonde warm coloured hair. Only treated by an occasional gradual lightener. I went to a hairdressers , because I wanted some light balayge to give me a sun kissed look. Now my hair is hideous. My roots were lifted with a 7.3 and are now very orange. From my ears down my hairs been dip dyed to a bleach blonde. I've contacted another hair dressers, who said she can use highlights and low lights to blend the colour and put a toner on the roots. But will this be enough? I can't leave the house without a hat at the moment. Can a toner cancel out ALL of the orange? Thanks

That's not going to look sun kissed, though. It will just look darker.

Find someone that can actually do a good balayage. It might take some researching as it's not a straightforward service like doing foil highlights, which most hairdressers can do reasonably competently.
Once you find someone though, you need never have a bad colour again. :)

Thanks for this. I'm more interested in getting the orange out of my hair though. It looks really awful.

A toner is only temporary so that glow will rear its ugly head after a few washes. Your preferably going to need a colour with a bit of punch to irradiate root glow.

Latest posts

Back