Hair lightened from black - advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauraksmart

Reaction score
iv recently been to the hairdressers to have my black hair colour stripped so i can go lighter, she painted on the bleach and my hair lifted quite alot, it was a gingery colour and a darker gingery colour in parts, so after that she rinsed my hair and put on a browny/red colour, which just seemed to darken it a bit more again, and she told me to go away n condition my hair and use vosene to lift more colour, but now my roots seem gingery and in other parts brown/red, im hoping to achieve a mousy brown colour with blonde highlights, so how will i get rid of the red now? i dont want to go waste my time at the same hairdressers and not getting closer to what i want evenetually? should i just book in for highlights, any advice id be greatful? thanks

Vosene? Amazing hairdressers always recommend supermarket rubbish.
Firstly, going light isn't a simple process to be done in one day, it can often take 4 or 5 visits, I would recommend a different salon where they can take a full analysis of your hair to determine what is needed to get you to there you want colour wise. Xoxo

i would try a different place too , did you actually want the element of red in your hair ? or were you looking to neutralise it ? am presuming it would be a the latter given you want to go lighter ?

I agree with Tomme, try somewhere thats wants to give you professional advice and help.
It may take quite a few visits, one to keep lightening and two to keep the integrity of your hair in tact, going lighter, especially from black, isn't something thats a quick fix so please be patient and find yourself a good reputable salon/stylist. At the moment if you were to go and get highlights, chances are you wouldn't get them to a nice clean blonde, so don't be tempted.

no I didn't want red at all, but I figured she had to do this to cancel out the harsh tones of the bleach i dont know im not a professional,I knew it wouldn't be done in one day I said I was willing to have it done a few times as I didn't want to ruin my hair, I was just wondering the next best stage, I will try a different salon n see what happens next ha xx

Latest posts

Back