Hair stripping, Porous hair and Redying, Red To Blonde!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starshaped

Reaction score
hi! im new to this forum and there's some great advice but i thought i might as well post on here to see if there's any suggestions for my own hair!

hair history:
3 years of various blonde nice&easy shades
1 application of a brown nice&easy shade
6 months of live colour XXL red
one application of Scott Cornwall ColourB4 hair colour remover [which worked great, even if my roots were blonde and the rest of my hair blonde/ginger!]
1 application of a light auburn nice&easy dye.

my hair is currently a browny/red/ginger colour, the red/ginger tones very subtle. i have two shades of root, a lighter version of my main colour [created my dyeing on top of the blonde roots as mentioned], and then my true roots, which are a mousy blonde.

i want to go back to blonde and plan to use the ColourB4 as i got on really well with it and it left my hair in great condition, if porous [as exhibited by the auburn dye going dark brown]

it has been recommended that i wait a week after using the ColourB4 to let my hair become less porous, is there anything i can do before and after using the colour B4 to make it less porous? im thinking home remedies.
i just dont want to put the blonde dye on [slightly ash blonde colour] and it go brown...

thanks!

I would recommend plenty of deep conditioning products before and after the stripping. do you do all this yourself? lol. there arent many colours available to tone out reddy/orange tones. Red is by far the most difficult colour to tone to a normal colour. I naughtily did it myself the wrong way once lol. against all the knowledge i have. I ruined my hair and just recently had it all cut off. and hair doesnt become less porous as a rule. once cuticles of hair are damaged or missing there is not a lot you can do about them. i hope you have regular trimming with all this too. maybe visitng a salon would be beneficial?

I really think you need to see a professional. colour correction is not something to play with yourself. You could also go to your local college and be a model for the advanced students.

Latest posts

Back