Hair Stripping Trauma!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melissa0210

Reaction score
I hope someone can help me!!

I used to be blonde but dyed it brown 8 months ago, however I decided to go back to blonde but more of a honey/ golden tone rather than platinum blonde.
I booked an appointment with my hairdresser and showed her the picture i wanted, without even touching my hair or anything she booked me in.

I went for the stripping on saturday gone and the hairdresser decided to use a cap rather than do a full head. Once she had applied the stripper she put me under the grill like heater for 20 minutes! However after about 10 i could feel my head burning so i got out from under it and told the hairdresser. she switched it off but left me sitting there for another 5 minutes. My scalp was on fire and when i touched it i burnt my finger!

Whilst washing off the strip my hair was coming out in huge clumps and the hairdresser said she wasn't willing to put on any blonde colouring and would have to dye it back brown.
I new the risks of having hair stripped before i proceeded but i did not think it would be singed to the root. My hair is totally burnt, i had to have a lot cut off and it is in really really bad condition.
I cant even run my fingers through without huge clumps coming out and it feels like its matted into a big ball.

After colouring my hair back brown, the hairdresser then referred me to another salon in town to have bio-lustre treatment. They then charged me £45 for the colour and after 5 hours i had to go to another salon for another 2 hours and spend another £35 on treatment which needs to be followed by another 2 as it is in such bad condition at £50 a time!!

In the mean time i rushed out to by a deep intensive conditioning treatment and slept the whole night with this on but still tryin to dry my hair this morning was awful.

I can not stop crying at the state of my hair. Is there anything you can suggest i can do to try restore some health in to it?

xxxx

Hi there,
I am no hairdresser, but a similar situation happened to me about 3 months ago. I didn't get burnt or anything like that but my hair is in a state.
I had some colour remover put in my hair to get rid of a botched reversed foils that turned grey. My hair went like jelly and I had to pay a fortune to a colour corrector to put my hair to a brown colour. I was warned this would fade a lot and to keep putting on semi gloss colours, keep getting trims and treatments, but basically when your hair is gone, it is gone. I tried to keep some length to my hair but everytime I brushed it or washed there was chunks coming off. I have since cut my hair to shoulder length and put layers in to disguise the fact that there is so much breakage. It still feels like there is a funny layer or coating on my hair that I can't seem to get rid of that is there when my hair is towel dry wet. Don't know if you have that on your hair too? or if there is any hairdressers that would know about that and what to do? I already have been trying a clarifying or detox shampoo with no success.
My thoughts are with you on your hair journey.
I do hope that you find a good hairdresser that will guide you to beautiful hair.
:hug:

Hi girls...It is very difficult to give colouring advice as it so depends on the hair! If a client of mine told me that their head was burning or suffering any irritation I would remove all products immediatly.

Did the stylist warn you of the damage that may be caused to your hair? Do you know what product she used? As a colour remover is usally mixed with water or low vol peroxide and it sounds to me that a much higher volume was used to cause burning.

If she didn't I would be going back to complain as your are paying for proffessional advice! I would be asking them to pay for your conditioning treatments if they were negligent.

The reason your hair has that feeling is the outer cuticle is damaged, and the inner structure has been compromised. You need to use a treatment that will repaire broken bonds and smooth the cuticle.

You must use this reg, but also avoid heat styling, over brushing(use wide tooth comb) and be extra carefull when wet. Avoid swimming and protect hair from the sun too! Try to avois overloading with styling products also as these can also dry the hair! Also try to wash your hair less! the natural oil that your scalp produces will help your hair too!
Hope that helps...Good luck:)

sorry to break it to you , but you need to hve it cut to an acceptable length and grow the damage out . get it cut every 6 weeks religeously and give it a treatment every 2 . until then - no swimming ,no more colours, blowdrying ,brushing and straightening to an absolute minimum - if you can apply leave in conditioner and/or serum and tie it up ,gently . dont yank and pull it - i know its the only way to get knots out but if it doesnt look knotty you dont have to do it - thats the quickest way to lose hair.stick to this and in a few months your hair should look better

The hairdresser i seen afterwards who did the BioLustre treatment said it looked like she had used at least a 9 or 12% on my hair and there was no way it should have been put under any heat as it produces heat anyway.

I already have had the length cut really short, there isn much else i can do with it as she has cut huge chunks out in random places!
Ive been spraying leave in conditioner in everynight before bed and extra on the ends each morning before tying it up. Is this too much?

Thanks for the advice. xxxx

no you are doing the right thing , you just have to be patient .

I would recommend using sea kelp tablets for hair growth-they really do work!

I know nothing at all about hair so forgive me if i am wrong to suggest this but if it were my hair that this had happened to, I would be looking to get an independant evaluation from a well qualified and reptuable stylist and then seeking recompense from the salon in question!

If she has used the wrong product on your hair to strip it and damaged your natural hair then surely she should be liable for it??

hi i am a hairdresser. first of all you should go back to the salon where you got your hair stripped and complain, second of all i work with matrix hair products they do a fabulous range called biolage, find out your nearest salon on MATRIX : HOME PAGE, check if they use biolage and they should find the perfect products for you, without seeing your hair i could not tell you which one to use. Be patient and good luck xx

This is negligence. Seriously, you should sue. No strand test, no patch test. They hurt you. You should visit an A+E to get a report of your burns too. Even in a small claims court, you stand a good chance of winning a good amount.
There are so many horror stories on here about crap salons, and dopey idiots burning people, not using chemicals right.
SOmething that will help sooth your scalp is Manuka honey UMF10. Simply mix it with advacado oil then put it all over your scalp, wrap cling film over it, leave it on over night. Manuka is very powerful healer.:hug:

Latest posts

Back