Hairdresser doing a few beauty treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babychops

Reaction score
Not sure if I have put this in the right place.
I was wondering if there are any hairdressers that have gone on to do a few beauty courses, eg spray tanning, nails, lashes? And is it worth it? I know one hairdresser that does absolutely everything, I'm wondering if this is something I should do x

I'm qualified in all of it, but hairdressing is by far the best paid of the trades, hence why I don't ever work as a therapist. If you are a hairdresser, you are far better off becoming top of your game at that, in a good salon, than joining in with the millions of people offering tans and lashes at cut prices.

I'm the opposite way round. I trained in nails,lashes,waxing,tanning etc and now I have just finished my level 2 hairdressing I'm not looking to continue the beauty/nail side. I'm not as passionate with those services anymore so I don't see the point in offering them.

Hairdressing is my biggest passion and always has been, got a long way to go yet but I want to focus every thing on it. I absolutely love doing hair extensions also, so my main business will be hair extensions for now. I'm doing courses at Aston and fincher with regards to cutting and colouring to keep me going through the summer, then start my level 3 in September :)

If you feel you will enjoy it aswell as everything else you are doing, then go ahead.

I know some on here say Jack of all trades but master if none, but as long as you are doing everything to the best of your ability then why not but only if you can give each service 100% xx

I qualified as a hairdresser 12 years ago and when U decided I wanted to own a hair & beauty salon I started doing courses so when I employed a beauty therapist I knew what I was looking for. I now prefer beauty and I offer the treatments and I have hairdressers working for me there is a few ladies that only want me for their hair so I get the best of both worlds

I've been a hairdresser for 10 years and been very successful with it. I have been fortunate to work with a few celebs and travel.
I decided to train in beauty whilst pregnant with my children and now offer a range of services as a freelance stylist. I would definitely recommend it but keep up to date with everything to prevent being one of those 'jack of all trades' types! Go for it!!!

Latest posts

Back