Hairmare!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louiser

Reaction score
I had a hair disaster on new years eve.

My old hair dresser who I absolutly loved left leaving me to find another, I went for another gentleman working at the same salon, he's the owner so I thought he's be just as good if not better - he's always got bottles of wine at christmas and things so I assumed he must be good - people don't give presents to a bad hair dresser after all!

Well I was origionally going to have a bob sort of thing as this is what my old fab hairdresser had suggested before he left, new hairdresser said everyone is having bobs so no he wasn't going to give me one. So I decided to have a trim on what I already had - a long sloping side fringe with shorty layers on the rest of it.

Well I left and got a proper look at it when I got home, nothing has been taken off the overall length, my fringe is about 1 INCH long! I noticed it being extreemly short in the shop but thought it would settle or something?!?!?! I guess I was just panicing! At the back - say if you took a panel out of the back of my hair is like hacked out short bits! I cried and cried and wasn't going to go out new years eve because I felt so silly. This was a shame as we had promised friends who has a baby last year and this was going to be their first night out. However my man came to the rescue and shaved half his head, his theory was that no-one would be looking at me is he has his hair like that and even if they did notice they would think we had done it as a joke on purpose! So we went out in the end. I've since managed to work out ways of pulling the top bit forward a bit to create a sort of fringe!
I just wanted to tell you
about my hair disaster and ask if anyone has any tips on how to make it look any better or anything I could eat/do to make it grow back quicker?!

Oh hun, have you been back to the hairdresser and complained?

Bless your other half for doing that for you, thats really good of him :)

Did you ask your former hairdresser if he was still keeping in the industry?

OH hun, I feel for you!! You should go back & get him to sort it, honestly. I am really picky about my hair, (bit of a perfectionist) so yes I do put my hairdresser through it a bit but she now knows that I won't let her go unless I've checked it & said its ok. I'd feel awful if my hair looked a mess. Its not fair you wouldn't send a client out with bad nails, same applieswith hairdressers & your well within you rights to get him to sort it. My hubby would have gone mad & I would have gone straight back.:hug::hug::hug::mad:

I paid for it as well! I was gutted and wanted to get out of there, I didn't want to make a fuss because my Mum goes there. I kept thinking things like, once I've washed it and styled it myself it might not look so bad!

My old hairdresser has gone somewhere about 14 miles away which isn't too bad but apparently its quite expencive there, I suppose my lesson is - you get what you pay for!

I know! He was a little sweetie for doing that for me!

If there any any hairdressers in the northants area, mobile or salon, let me know! x x x

Contact your hairdresser through the salon, you never know he might be doing it mobile as well.

My friend has followed her hairdresser for years and because she's stuck with her they've found it's easier for her to come to her and get it done.

im sorry to hear about your hair disaster..... :hug:

unfortunely... when hair is chopped off.. there is nothing you can do about it.. except of course.. hair extensions.. but then its only just your fringe...

my hairdressing best friend says that the more you wash your hair.... the quicker it grows.. maybe you can try washing your hair more often from now on....?? sorry that i havent got anymore useful advice for you....

I'll try that one, thank you!

I can't even glue a weft in because its my fringe and my hair is bright red so I can't get a colour match!

I've pulled some other of my hair over it and strayed it making me look greasy! When I go out in the wind it blows up making me look like an 8 yr old who did it DIY! I seriously concidered calling in sick about it!

im sorry to hear about your hair disaster..... :hug:

unfortunely... when hair is chopped off.. there is nothing you can do about it.. except of course.. hair extensions.. but then its only just your fringe...

my hairdressing best friend says that the more you wash your hair.... the quicker it grows.. maybe you can try washing your hair more often from now on....?? sorry that i havent got anymore useful advice for you....

But if you wash you hair more that would mean that you were applying and using more products and therefore damaging your hair more. Which with most people would mean that you would then need to have it cut more often!

Or am I talking total dribble! :lol:

I've tried thinking of it as enbracing a quirky cut but it just doesn't suit me! I was messing around and had it like a spikey quiff but I just looked like a man!

I feel really vain! In the grand sceme of things in the world, me looking dodge (a little more dodgy than normal) isn't really important, its just making my feel terrible!

I f I were you I would go and have extensions in my fringe. I had a hair disaster about 3 years ago, I went short and it looked horrific, so I had extensions and was happy within 48 hours!
good luck chuck xx

At least it was just the fringe and not the whole lot he cut one inch short!!! It'll look a lot better in just a couple of weeks. I hear that hats are very fashionable though :lol:

Shame he didn't listen to what you as the client wanted though. i've learned from bitter experience never go to a new stylist and have a makeover. Your hair is an extention of your character and a good stylist will get to know what suits you AND your character. I've often wanted to go for something outrageous and had the stylist talk me out of it because they know what I will like more than I do! Yup and I have one of those bobs that everyone else has! I know this won't help you now but when going to a new stylist have them trim it first so you can tell if you really trust them. There's nothing worse than not being happy with your hair! :irked:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I just remembered when I was at school my friend trimmed her own fringe and made a right balls up of it.
To cover it up she wore an alice band (I think that's what their called - thick material hairband) wore it over her fringe and had a bit of a spam forehead for a while, but it was better then the other way.

I take folic acid (not for pregnancy reasons just for hair skin and nails ) and my hair grows like weeds, i need my fringe cutting every 10 days, try it and see if it helps you :hug:

That sounds good, I'll be trying everything!

Firstly I would go back to the salon and speak to the so called "hairdresser".He cant glue it back on but what was he thinking of?I would want to know why he would do this when I hadn't asked for it.

Also I nearly choked on my cuppa when you wrote that he refused to give you the bob you had requested,who does he think he is?Mmmmm sorry.....the client gets what the clients want not the hairdresser decides if he wants to do it or not.

Last thing is have you thought about getting one of the wide hairbands for your fringe?They look lovely and would be a great disguise until the fringe grows out.

Anyway chuck,keep your chin up,at least it is only the fringe however,I do sympathise as when I had a fringe it had to be perfect so God knows how I would have reacted had I been left with just a tuft of hair.

Make sure you speak to this hair hacker and maybe he could give you some vouchers or something as a way of apology,maybe he wont give you anything but he needs to know this is totally unacceptable,also take a friend to give you a bit of Dutch corage if your feeling nervous about confronting this man.HTH xx:hug:

I understand your crisis! I had the same thing about a year ago, went to the hairdressers and she made a right hash of my fringe. I had it cut blunt just above my brows and I don't know what she thought she was doing but she had cut great chunks out of one half of it! I went home and cried and went back the next day and she made it worse and claimed that I had asked for it like that - err yeah ok! I rang another hairdressers in town who I had been to a few times and booked in for a fringe trim for free to see if they could fix it and they made it look better but I still hated it. If I wanted to see my head through my fringe, I wouldn't have asked for that particular fringe style!

Anyway, ramble almost over - is there a place that you can go to who would do you a free consultation to see what you could have done to fix it or disguise it a bit? I'm appalled that he refused to give you a bob - if you cared about everyone else having one then why would you have asked for it? I'd go back to him and say you aren't happy and see whether you can get your money back but if it were me, I wouldn't let him near me with a pair of scissors again!!

Hope you get it sorted!

Because I came accross that I would be up for change and that I liked the choppy layers (definatly not in my fringe!) I had before I am worried they will say I asked for it! I think though if he was going to do something quite drastic he should re-inforce the point so people know what is going to happen. I'll try and post a picture, it looks just like a tuft actually, sort of layered and everything! I'm really worried about going in there for some reason, I've got a bit of a temper on me so I don't know if thats bothering me! Would writing a letter work?!

I had my hair cut on 7th December by the guy who has been cutting it for 7 years.

The crown is still so short I can't get a small brush in it to blow dry, the neckline is at least an 1"different from one side to the other. I have always been pretty capable with my own hair but after 4 weeks I am getting fed up with faking it up.

I am never going back, what is the point, I could never trust him again.

Interestingly he did my Sisters hair 3 days later and that looks like shes had brain surgery !!

Because I came accross that I would be up for change and that I liked the choppy layers (definatly not in my fringe!) I had before I am worried they will say I asked for it! I think though if he was going to do something quite drastic he should re-inforce the point so people know what is going to happen. I'll try and post a picture, it looks just like a tuft actually, sort of layered and everything! I'm really worried about going in there for some reason, I've got a bit of a temper on me so I don't know if thats bothering me! Would writing a letter work?!

Tbh, if you don't want the confrontation I'd leave it. If you got a letter from someone who's nails you'd done but hadn't told yo they were unhappy would you take any notice??

I'm sorry you had a bad experience..... it sounds similar to my salon. My hairdressers rents a chair, and is fab and fully booked. He's been cutting my hair for 18 years and I don't know what I'd do if he left..... The salon owner does loads of little old ladies and is an absolute hacker! He's not done any training in years and is using outdated techniques coupled with doing what he wants...... He wouldn't come within 6 feet of me with scissors in his hand, lol!!! On-going education.....not!!!

Just watching him was different, when as my old hairdresser was all fluid with holding scissors and a comb in his hands and looked like a professional the new one was all fingers and thumbs - like I would be! I think I have decided, I will go find my old one, I suppose if I get to speak to him first and find out what the final price of the cut will be there'll be no need to panic about the cost.

Latest posts

Back