Have first face to face with my Business Link advisor tomorrow - any advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsR

Reaction score
Well I meet my personal Business Link advisor tomorrow and just wondering if anyone has any tips of thoughts on things to ask about that I might forget.

I want to ask him about any extra funding I could get obviously, though I very much doubt there will be any, I need to talk to him about such things as VAT, Inland Revenue, etc etc as that sort of stuff as have only a basic idea about.

I am nervous as I keep thinking he will think my appointment will be a waste of time as I am such a small one person business and that because I am just starting out with no money behind me that I am wasting his time !

He's not going to think you're wasting his time hun, that's what he's there for.
Loads of geeks have had business advice off of them and found it very useful.
I'm sure anything you forget to ask he will probably cover anyway or you can always phone him and ask at a later stage.
x

Hello, i have my first face to face tomorrow too.
We will have to compare notes afterwards.
I too will be asking about the grants/fundings that could be available for me.

Hi

Honey that's what business link is all about you are just as important as anyone else :hug:

Have you done a business plan? Here are a few points for you to fill in once you start filling them in it will all follow on.

• Product/ service
  • Markets/ Customer base
  • Market Research linked to Customers, competitors, suppliers
  • Strengths
  • weakness
  • opportunities
  • Threats
  • Financial Situation
  • Business planning 1 year objectives
  • Business Planning 3 year objectives
  • Marketing Plan
  • Pricing Structure
  • Premises/ resources
  • Legal Issues
  • Risk Assessment
  • Financial & Cash Flow Forecast

Then you could discuss your plan with your advisor.

A business plan is always great to have too to apply for any finance you may need.

Thanks everyone.

Impulse good luck tomorrow hun x

Little Angel I know its sounds silly but I feel stupid doing a business plan, think it is because I lack confidence in it all at the moment.

Hi

Just give it a go, you may surprise yourself xx best of luck for tomorrow.

Thanks good luck to you too. I know what you mean about the business plan its hard to plan what is going to happen with clients etc but i guess all will be revealed tomorrow.

Yes will will have to swap notes, etc - may appt is 11am.

Mine is at 12 at the cedar court hotel.

Hiya,
This may sound a bit strange but have you both looked on the businesslink site for tips? Let us know how you both get on.
xx:hug:

Mrs R how did it go????

No funding for anything but no surprise really there, have booked myself onto an inland revenue course and a few of the Business Link financial planning and starting a business workshops.

Latest posts

Back