Help and advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahrose1994

Reaction score
Hello I am a self employed beauty therapist I am currently working in a salon in a rather wealthy area with lots of older clients I am doing OK to say it's only just past my first year of been self employed. The thing is im not earning enough basic manicures and bikini lines are not going to help me progress to buy better things for the beauty room,

I split my earnings 50/50 with the salon owner I buy ALL the things needed so I when iv finished buying everything I come out with such a small wage,

I recently applied for other jobs a local popular waxing salon has taken me on my worry is that the salon owner is going to be funny with me wanting to drop down to part time at her salon (3 days I could fit all my clients in theses days and save my self a lot of petrol money rather that traipsing up and down for 2 clients per day.) I

What do I tell her that I'm leaving this new place is self employed 50/50 but I don't buy anything and it's a beautiful salon buzzing environment and loads of clients

What should I do I need advice

If you're buying your own products, you should try negotiating for at least 60/40 to you.

50/50 when you are supplying the products seems on the expensive side unless you are also getting a lot of other services thrown in such as laundry, use of receptionist etc.

Latest posts

Back