Help - Bio wont budge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emi-loo

Reaction score
Hi all - Id be grateful for any help - Im having such a job removing Bio, Ive had to soak off 3 of my friends overlays, one was going into hospital, one wanted to go from pink to clear and the other stained hers bad from varnishing the decking, they were all great and if I hadnt had to of soaked off I wouldnt, there was no lifting if anything they were stuck like muck to a blanket!! Non of them had S-Gel, I broke the seal with the power file, filed the free edge, and then do the old chicken drumstick method, using all Bio products, and after 30 mins it is not coming away easily! Ive read other threads that have said it soaks of clean in 15 min - what the chuff am I doing wrong!!!!
Please help me geeks, its making me very nervous!!!

Hi ya!

I had this trouble a few weeks ago! It was soaking for 45 mins and nothing was coming off, if I tried to file it it was like rubber! In the end my client said the salon had given her a sponge file so I tried that and it worked brilliantly!

Perhaps some bio geeks can help with this? I would love to know what to do in case it happens again.

xxxxx

tigerlilli said:
Hi ya!

I had this trouble a few weeks ago! It was soaking for 45 mins and nothing was coming off, if I tried to file it it was like rubber! In the end my client said the salon had given her a sponge file so I tried that and it worked brilliantly!

Perhaps some bio geeks can help with this? I would love to know what to do in case it happens again.

xxxxx

You can just feel the sweat on your forehead and your heart thumping when it wont shift !!!
Please help Bio geeks xx

I've never really had any problems soaking off Bio, but I do a bit more than 'break' the seal, using, yes, the spongeboard.

I take away the bulk of the gel with the file and then wrap....make sure though that you don't squeeze your foil too tightly as you squeeze out all the gel remover!

What are you using to soak your remover in - its a bit expensive, but wonderwipe works well. Make sure you really soak it too.

Heat helps too...keep your hands warm!

Zingara said:
I've never really had any problems soaking off Bio, but I do a bit more than 'break' the seal, using, yes, the spongeboard.

I take away the bulk of the gel with the file and then wrap....make sure though that you don't squeeze your foil too tightly as you squeeze out all the gel remover!

What are you using to soak your remover in - its a bit expensive, but wonderwipe works well. Make sure you really soak it too.

Heat helps too...keep your hands warm!

Im using wonderwipe and heated mitts!!! Thats why I cant think what Im doing wrong!!! I will have to buff a bit more!! Thanks anyway - and Have a very Happy Birthday!! xxx

Emi-loo said:
Im using wonderwipe and heated mitts!!! Thats why I cant think what Im doing wrong!!! I will have to buff a bit more!! Thanks anyway - and Have a very Happy Birthday!! xxx

Aww...thanks:hug: !!

I too have been having the same problem of late. i have been using bio for a few years now and have never had a problem untill recently. i did notice that my gel remover was delivered it wasnt the usual colour, and am now wondering if it could be that.

Maybe - I'm on a large bottle I've had a while, so that could be it.

Any product remover should do it....I even have a couple of clients who use the off the shelf stuff from chemists (Get em off, I think) as they prefer to soak themselves, and have no problems. 30 mins tops for a full soak off.

Oh well...at least its nice to talk about a product that stays on the nails as opposed to lifting all the time!

Have you been using Executive Base as your first coat...this is supposed to help with the aid of soaking off. I know some techs dont use it as they think it causes lifting.

I did have this problem with a client...she wanted them soaked off every time...it was a nightmare!! She said everything sticks to her like glue...even when she has a spray tan it lasts forever...she had very dry skin. I realised i had "forgotton" (oops) to use the Exec base...but by then she decided she wanted to go to a salon where they worked like a factory and scraped them off with a blade!!:eek:

Why dont you ring Bio and ask if they have made any changes? The only thing I can think of like has already been said, are you soaking the wipe with remover first?
Ive always removed the bulk of the products then used removed and wrapped the fingers in foil (shiny side in) and sometimes put a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel on top to speed up the removal.

gucci906 said:
Have you been using Executive Base as your first coat...this is supposed to help with the aid of soaking off. I know some techs dont use it as they think it causes lifting.

I did have this problem with a client...she wanted them soaked off every time...it was a nightmare!! She said everything sticks to her like glue...even when she has a spray tan it lasts forever...she had very dry skin. I realised i had "forgotton" (oops) to use the Exec base...but by then she decided she wanted to go to a salon where they worked like a factory and scraped them off with a blade!!:eek:
I stopped using Exec Base after reading all of the threads, I was worried about the lifting - Im now thinking about retrying it - the blade thing sounds well scary!!!

louge said:
Why dont you ring Bio and ask if they have made any changes? The only thing I can think of like has already been said, are you soaking the wipe with remover first?
Ive always removed the bulk of the products then used removed and wrapped the fingers in foil (shiny side in) and sometimes put a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel on top to speed up the removal.

I always soak and I mean soak my wonderwipe and I too wrap shiny side in, and then I use heated mitts, so yes thanks I think I will have to ring Bio!!!

I must admit, as far as Exec base, is concerned, I use it again now on about 60% of clients....just not the ones that are prone to lifting.

Its a wierd thing...I think when training the Exe Base seems to worsen lifting and then everyone gets scared of of it.....but once you've found its niche, so to speak, its really good.

Zingara said:
I must admit, as far as Exec base, is concerned, I use it again now on about 60% of clients....just not the ones that are prone to lifting.

Its a wierd thing...I think when training the Exe Base seems to worsen lifting and then everyone gets scared of of it.....but once you've found its niche, so to speak, its really good.

Thanks Lyndsey - Im going to give Ex Base a go, Im scared to do a soak of again - I was gutted at having to soak of in the first place, they hadnt budged, and looked lovely!!:cry:

Emi-loo said:
Thanks Lyndsey - Im going to give Ex Base a go, Im scared to do a soak of again - I was gutted at having to soak of in the first place, they hadnt budged, and looked lovely!!:cry:

Well, well done for such a lovely set that hadn't lifted...thats something to be proud of!

Zingara said:
Well, well done for such a lovely set that hadn't lifted...thats something to be proud of!

Gee thanx - my friend did say maybe my prep was so good thats why they hadnt budged - but then if you had seen my ma's paws when she got back off her jollys they were bloomin awful - but then she doesnt listen to a word I say, and does everything I tell her not to do - she like Frank Spencer with nails!!!

Latest posts

Back