Help ... brush flags separating

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickyB

Reaction score
Help

My brush flags are separating and won't seem to go back together. It is a good quality kolinsky sable brush ... I tried the boiling water method - but somehow, it seems to have made it slightly worse.

Can anyone help

Vicky

x

Oh man has also done this. Mine is from Creative so its not rubbish, I wondered if it wasn't cleaned properly but i alway ensure it is. It was never the same after i use glitter powder??!!?

Iknow this dosen't really help sorry, bought a new one !:wink2:

Sounds like you just need a new brush!

The same happened with my brush and honestly, my new brush is like a dream to use after my old one! You forget how soft it feels!

This has happened to mine this week, I've been told that it could be because now that I am more confident I am pressing more with my brush and that could be what's caused the brush to split.

My brush is currently soaking in clean monomer so I can check that I have definitely done enough to try to get any product out of it.

I think I'm going to get a new brush though - a bigger one.

Can't beat a new sable brush. I replaced mine a few weeks ago and it's amazing what difference it makes.

Yep, sounds like you've got something in it. Best bet is to replace it if soaking in monomer doesn't sort it out. You can't beat a nice new brush.

My brush separated on me last week during a refill on a friend (I panicked at first) but soaked it in monomer for a minute and gently wiped/rolled it (if you get what I mean) on clean paper towel and it went back into shape (thank goodness) but at the end of the refill as I was cleaning it there was some yellow coloring coming out of it !!! so I decided to say goodbye and get myself a new one.

Latest posts

Back