Help for Thursday please??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rose143

Very Proud Creative Geek
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

Just had a lady book an appointment for Thursday as she is going to a ball on Saturday and would like extensions done. Now I dont' know if I should be asking this but ... I would like to maybe try some simple nail art like rhinestones (think that's how you spell it) or something as she doesn't know quite what she would like just yet. Thing is I have never done this before but have a few days to practice ... if any of you would be kind enough to share some ideas with me. :o

Do you think I should try this out or not?? I haven't the slightest clue on how to apply anything. I will be doing a free hand nail art course with creative next month but just want to make a good impression.

What do you think????? :eek:

Your opinions and advice always appreciated!!

xxxx

Rose look in the gallery or go into members list & browse through the members own web sites. I got some fab ideas from them as there are more photos in their individual sites than they ever get round to posting on the board.
If you do a search there are loads of posts regarding simple nail art/rhinestones.
Basically paint the nail, allow to dry. Dab a small dot of top coat where you want the stone & fix the stone into place, orange stick with blu tack will help you pick up the stone. When complete apply top coat to seal your work in place.

HTH

I normally set the rhinestones in the polish and then topcoat over the top of that. I find that if I wet the orange stick there is no need for blu tack. Flicks of paint with a striping brush and small pots of acrylic waterbased paint are popular (try local art shop much cheaper than nail shops) I wet the brush first then dip into the paint pot, then do a flick on the nail in a few directions, if you make a mistake it wipes off with a damp tissue! when you are happy top coat it or it will wash off. Hth x

Thank you so much for your replies, keep 'em coming please.

In the meantime I will do some searching. I just don't want too tackle something too challenging my first time!! :)

Hi Rose,

I did a lady's nails for a ball last month. I did a line of rhinestones along the french smile line on her ring finger on each hand. I matched the rhinestones to her dress and it looked really nice without being too much. She said loads of people commented on how nice it looked. And believe me I am no nail art expert but this was easy!

Ahhh that sounds lovely Flojo,

Thanks for that, I will ask my client what colour her dress is then and practice that for Thursday.

I know she didn't want anything too "in your face" so I will give that a go. How do you stick the rhinestones on, anything like the above??

Hi Rose,

If your client wants the rhinestones to stay put for longer why not try encasing them within the acrylic? Its so simple to do and your lady will not have to worry about losing one. What i do is, apply tip, or sculpt zone 1. Then i apply the gems wherever i want them to be, either using the tiniest amount of adhesive or resin. Then apply your l+p over the top in zones 2+3. You could have them going across the smile line, 5 or 7 gems should do the trick. Or you could have the line of gems going the other way, downward on the nail plate, from free edge to cuticle, or you could just have 3 gems going down, 2 diamond ones and a colour in the middle to match her outfit. Or you could just put 1, maybe a diamond on each nail in the centre of the smile line? Just a few ideas, but its all down to having a bit of a play around really.
Or if you didnt want to encase the gems then why not apply the nail then finish off with a gel topcoat and place the gems in this before curing, as this will make them last longer too?

I love rhinestones, I apply them all the time. If you use the Creative Brisa Gel, I love to apply them on the big toe between the smile line and the pink! if using Brisa... apply a thin coat of brisa top coat then, using blutack (more hygenic) place the rhinestones in your choice of pattern and lock it for 10 seconds, dont remove the inhibition layer yet, apply another coat of u.v top coat and cure for 2 minuits. with this system, you have loads of time to perfect the art before it cures!and it lasts forever! If you dont use u.v gel, then place the rhinestones onto the enamel with a dotting tool covered in blutack that's been rolled into a point at the end. and cover with a good top coat like out the door or super shiney. I put rhinestones in the shape of a cross, but at the 4 ends of the cross I used a pale blue and in the middle i used clear ones. I did it for my daughters mass (thinking it would impress everyone coz they know it's not something I'm really into). Unfortunately I forgot to go ,but they looked really good.!!!
icon_lol.gif

My ma-in-law has got a big do at the weekend and doesnt like in your face either, i am encasing a gold rhinestone at the lunula and then clear acrylc over the top and painting the tips gold, it looks lovely
HTH

Thank you to everyone for your fabulous ideas, it amazing how much you can do. I am so looking forwrd to doing my course next month pitty the ball isn't then, oh well lol!! :)

Thank you again for all your help, I will have a little play around and let you know how I do. Can't wait!!!! :)

Love you all!! :hug:
xxxx

Hi Rose,

Hope you've got everything sorted for tomorrow! Its worth remembering that while rhinestones are very understated they don't have to be boring! You can get them in many colours and shapes!

Another simple nail art option is the pre-airbrushed nail tips, which are applied like normal nail tips, overlay with clear acrylic or gel, and file as usual. They have some fantastic intricate designs and are so simple to apply!

Good luck for tomorrow!:biggrin:
Rose143 said:
Hi Everybody,

Just had a lady book an appointment for Thursday as she is going to a ball on Saturday and would like extensions done. Now I dont' know if I should be asking this but ... I would like to maybe try some simple nail art like rhinestones (think that's how you spell it) or something as she doesn't know quite what she would like just yet. Thing is I have never done this before but have a few days to practice ... if any of you would be kind enough to share some ideas with me. :o

Do you think I should try this out or not?? I haven't the slightest clue on how to apply anything. I will be doing a free hand nail art course with creative next month but just want to make a good impression.

What do you think????? :eek:

Your opinions and advice always appreciated!!

xxxx

Fingers crossed for tomorrow Rose. Here's a pic of some rhinestones I added to gels recently.

Thanks for your support guys!!! :)

Guess what!! Yes, she cancelled!!! this is the third cancellation I've had this week. Only one has re-appointed for saturday, got a new client coming tomorrow.

I'm really dissapointed I was looking so forward to my first go at nail art and I practised for hours with all your ideas, sorry I couldn't reply last night, was practising. Oh well ...

Thank you for your help anyway, you're great! :hug:

karen noodle said:
Fingers crossed for tomorrow Rose. Here's a pic of some rhinestones I added to gels recently.

Hi Karen,

These are absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love how simple yet how so effective, nother one going in my book of ideas!!!! I did try them last night on a lighter colour.

Oh well, pitty I can't post my first pictures on nail art. :|

Love it Karen!

xxxx

Latest posts

Back