Help, green tanning solution!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divine_beauty

divine beauty by leanne
Reaction score
I have been using Nsi trade tan for 5 yrs and love the star tan but alot of my younger clientel want something darker and nsi 16% isnt much diffrent... tried laurens way... crazy angel... morrocan tan and none of them where what i was looking for so bought trial 16% bottle from supplier of Sienna × went to use it 2night and it looked dark green soloution so started gettin a bad feeling.. and yup applied and it was coming out green!!! Got my client 2 shower and go for medium tan instead.. is this solution ment to be like that or doni take it back to supplier??

It should not be green this is a sign of the solution being exposed to the air, not kept in a dry place, few months old etc. Obviously sometimes if the solution is green based and you open and close the lid you will get some green excess tan which has been sitting this is nothing to worry about but green solution yes. If you only just got it i would ask for a replacement.

Green Giant :)

Happy Tanning

Last edited:
Exactly as Sunless Sun have said.
Yes a little residue round the neck can be expected to turn green as its exposed to the atmosphere but if the solution itself is green its beginning to expire.
If recently purchased ask for a replacement.

Just another suggestion why not get some booster drops to intensify the DHA in your favourite brand rather than shopping with another brand for the more daring clients?
Might be worth considering if you are happy with your brand but not the depth ;)

This is what i refer to as a shrek tan hehe!

Keep them in a cool place, it really helps the longevity of the solution. I keep mine in the fridge! :) xoxo

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to clarify; if you have received solution that you are not happy with, please do give the customer services team a call on 0333 600 1200 and give them the batch number which is printed on the bottom of the bottle. They will be able to check this for you and send out a replacement if the solution has passed it's shelf life.

As Wonderwoman mentions above, the solutions are best stored in a cool, dark place (I keep mine in the fridge too!)

If you have any questions, please do let us know!

Thanks,
Lois @ Sienna X

X

Hello. I am feeling rather disappointed in SiennaX and Capital wholesalers who supply it, since yesterday's events. I bought new 250ml bottles of SiennaX 8,10 and 12% and used the 12% on a new client. As I was performing the spray tan I thought it looked a bit bluey/green as it was spraying onto the skin but I hoped this would somehow be okay. Of course a couple of hours later the client phoned to say she was unhappy with it, and I had to advise her to shower it off and come and get her money back. I phoned SiennaX and they had all kinds of explanations such as the client might have not washed her shower gel off properly, and that this was a more blue/green spray tan which they have now changed back to the original red/brown colour due to customer feedback, and then said that Capital had sold me spraytan that is going out of date and they shouldn't have done etc. etc. All I know is that I have now lost a potential new client (and we all know how hard it is to get new clients!) and my professionalism has come into question because the product has let me down. Why did SiennaX change the formulation from the original anyway? And why did Capital have it on their shelves when it's about to go out of date? I now have to take it back to Capital and try to get a refund or replacement, which will cost me time and money, and I've lost a new client.
I'm pretty livid actually.

Not your fault at all KatyS i would be angry as well especially if its a new customer. Explain to your customer it was your suppliers fault you had bough fresh stock. Perhaps offer her a free spray tan next time and with the correct solution she will be happy, if she takes the offer i'm sure she will come back to you.

Good luck :)

They did the same to me. 4 litres of tan 7,10,12 and ttn all went green and down the sink as the batch number showed they were out of date. I hadn't even used the 12 or tonight's the night. Total waste of money, completely fobbed off. They no longer have my custom so their loss not mine anymore. I thought the customer service with this was appalling and got no where with them, they kept blaming their supplier.

What brand of spray tan do you use now then busybee32? I loved SiennaX when I first used it, but after this, maybe I should look at alternatives.

What a shame, I would be livid too! It's nerve wracking enough spraying a client for the first time just worrying you'll meet their expectations.
As sunless have said explain its not your fault and you bought the solutions in good faith. Surly you'll get your money back or credit?:oops:

SiennaX said I have to take it back to Capital and they should refund or replace, and if they won't I have to get them to phone SiennaX and then they will process a refund. This is the problem when you buy via a stockist. I get the feeling they will both blame each other. I think they're both at fault, SiennaX for producing a weird 'new' formula which comes out blue/ green (which apparently and unsurpringly no one likes), and Capital for having such old stock on their shelves. And my business suffers because of it. It's really not good enough!

Personally RED based solutions are the best and give the most natural spray tan out come, looks like a sunbed tan. Use a red based solution and you will never have this problem!!!!!!

Also if a red based solution is nearing its end by date, you will still have the confidence of no strange colours :)

Good luck with your refund!!!

Happy Tanning x :)

Thanks for your advice!

Exactly as Sunless Sun have said.
Yes a little residue round the neck can be expected to turn green as its exposed to the atmosphere but if the solution itself is green its beginning to expire.
If recently purchased ask for a replacement.

Just another suggestion why not get some booster drops to intensify the DHA in your favourite brand rather than shopping with another brand for the more daring clients?
Might be worth considering if you are happy with your brand but not the depth ;)

Hi sorry for late reply. I have tried the boosters with my medium express tan but doesnt make a diffrence :( been told its because the express tan is as dark as itll go.).. got full refund on bottle and have decided to try nouveau tan a go x

Hi KatyS,

Sorry to hear that the products you received were not to our highest standards (which we aim to meet every time).

We will do everything we can to support you, however because the solution was purchased at Capital (one of our selected partners), we do not have a record of your purchase. The store will be able to locate your order on their system and resolve your disappointment.

During 2013-2014 we improved our solutions based on customer research that told us therapists wanted a more olive guide colour. After evaluating feedback on this solution we made the decision earlier this year to only move forward with our much loved original solution, bringing back the warmer guide colour.

We pride ourselves on being able to deliver the freshest tanning solutions to both direct customers and those who buy through our partners, we would like to take this opportunity to apologise that your order did not meet your expectations; we have being working extremely hard to ensure a smooth switch over period.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused to you and your business, and if we can help at all in any further way, please contact us on 0333 600 1200.

Thanks,

Lois @ Sienna X

X

I have been using Nsi trade tan for 5 yrs and love the star tan but alot of my younger clientel want something darker and nsi 16% isnt much diffrent... tried laurens way... crazy angel... morrocan tan and none of them where what i was looking for so bought trial 16% bottle from supplier of Sienna × went to use it 2night and it looked dark green soloution so started gettin a bad feeling.. and yup applied and it was coming out green!!! Got my client 2 shower and go for medium tan instead.. is this solution ment to be like that or doni take it back to supplier??
https://www.facebook.com/MontanSprayTanSuppliesandTraining?ref=hl

- Odourless
- Dries on Impact ( dress within 60 seconds)
- no stickiness so no patches
- Paraben Free
- Organic - no patch test required
Fabulous Olive based Tan
1 hour, 12% AND 16% Avaialble

What tan solutions are red based ? X

Try sudo tan, it's a great colour and they do a really dark as well.

Hi all, are we saying if the solution is not green it's ok to use? That can't be right. I used an 18 month old bottle of 20% on a friend last week as a trial with 'old' solution", it was kept in fridge all that time and there was no green in sight. The result was very very light. Does the DHA disappear into thin air? Should we throw Solution after a set time if we can't see it has deteriated? Cheers, Mick.

Latest posts

Back